New Delhi sources stated that the Supreme Court on Monday agreed to examine a plea seeking protection of human rights of security force personnel, who come under attack by mobs while performing their duties. Meanwhile a bench comprising Chief Justice Ranjan Gogoi and Justice Sanjiv Khanna also issued notices to the Union of India, Ministry of Defense, Jammu and Kashmir and the National Human Rights Commission (NHRC) on the plea filed by 19 year old Preeti Kedar Gokhale and 20 year old Kajal Mishra.
Furthermore the petitioners said they are "greatly disturbed by the incidents of unruly and disruptive mobs" pelting stones at soldiers and Army convoys in Jammu and Kashmir. Reportedly the petitioners said they have approached the apex court as they were aggrieved and dissatisfied with the inaction of the respondents in addressing various acts of human right violations of Army personnel, as well as endangers their safety and security at the place of their deployment.
Moreover the petitioners said "The petitioners are further disturbed by the troops in the Indian Army having to suffer the ire of stone pelters, while they are discharging their duty of maintaining peace and security in the area of their deployment". Apparently the petitioners also sought setting aside of the NHRC order dated January 4 transferring the representation to the SHRC and a direction to complete the probe of human rights violations of armed forces personnel.
Tollywood Producer Bandla Ganesh Arrested It is known to our readers that a few days ago, Producer Prasad V Potluri filed a case against Tollywood actor turned producer Bandla Ganesh. As per the complaint, Bandla Ganesh took a loan of 34 Crore during the making of Jr NTR's Temper and defaulted on an amount of 7 Crore. Bandla has been avoiding PVP since the movie release five years ago.
- Chandrababu Desperately Wooing BJP High Command?
- Nayanthara is Brand Ambassador for Katrina Kaif Beauty Line for South
- Sand Shortage Continues To Haunt Jagan Government
- Bombay HC cancels government order on phone tapping
- TN Govt announces new announcement for 10,11 & 12 Board Exams
- This Man displayed 'AP CM Jagan', as permanent iron plates in his car number plates
- Canadian prime ministry was saved by Indo-Canadian Sikh man
- Cash, drugs & freebies in Assembly polls in Maharashtra and Haryana in huge jump
- Devendra Fadnavis seeking a second term as CM of Maharashtra
- Hafiz Saeed settles dispute sitting inside the jail
- PM Modi meets Nobel Laureate at his residence
- Dharmadi Satyam team retrieved Royal Vasishta tourist boat, which sank in Godavari River
- BJP and Shiv Sena are set to retain power in Maharashtra
- Hyderabad Metro Rail overloaded due to TSRTC strike
- Karnataka received excessive rainfall this year