New Delhi sources stated that with the government set to transfer the first installment of Rs 2,000 to about 2 crore farmers over the next few days, senior Congress leader P Chidambaram on Sunday termed it as a “bribe for votes” and said the “greater shame” is that the Election Commission is unable to stop it. Previously Prime Minister Narendra Modi on Sunday launched the Rs 75,000 crore Pradhan Mantri Kisan Samman Nidhi (PM-KISAN) scheme in Gorakhpur, Uttar Pradesh, by transferring the first installment of Rs 2,000 each to over one crore farmers.
Accordingly today is the 'Cash for Vote' day. Chidambaram said in a series of tweets “The BJP government will officially give a bribe of Rs 2000 per agricultural family to get their votes”. Furthermore the money will go to the cultivating farmer as well as the absentee landlord. He said “Nothing can be more shameful in a democracy than 'Bribe for Votes'. The greater shame is that the Election Commission is unable to stop the 'Bribe for Votes'”.
Moreover an Agriculture Ministry official had said under the scheme, another one crore farmers will be covered in the next 2-3 days. Reportedly in the interim Budget 2019-20, the central government had announced the PM-KISAN scheme under which Rs 6,000 per year will be given in three installments to 12 crore small and marginal farmers holding cultivable land up to two hectares.
Will Sumalatha overtake Kumaraswamy's Son in Karnataka Exit Polls? Reportedly the constituency wise exit poll conducted by TV9-News9-CVoter has predicted several big losses for the Congress-JD(S) combine, especially in the most controversial constituencies including Mandya, Kalaburgi and the three segments in Bengaluru city. Meanwhile the polls predicted that of the 28 total seats in Karnataka, BJP would win 18 seats, the Congress 7 seats
- Another person attacks Pawan Kalyan
- Modi is definitely not Vajpayee
- What Arvind Kejriwal spoke to Akhilesh Yadav over telephonic conversation?
- Stalin keen on cabinet berths for DMK & not following principles: AIADMK
- Actress Elle Fanning faints at Cannes and shocks fans around!
- You can work as a Social Media Manager and your salary is 26 Lakhs!
- Ahmedabad man covers his car with COW DUNG to keep it cool...
- TDP Will Split in To Two Parts After the Results
- Nizamabad witnessed highest temperature in Telangana at 44.4 degree Celsius
- Pawan Kalyan's Three Days Camp in Vijayawada for the Counting Day
- What did JD Lakshmi Narayana say about Exit Polls?
- Chandrababu Friends Reaching Out to Jagan
- TDP Minister Himself Does Not Believe Lagadapati Survey
- Did Sonia Gandhi invited leaders of United Progressive Alliance in Delhi?
- What do astrologers & numerologists says about election results?