New Delhi sources stated that Prime Minister Narendra Modi on Tuesday marked the 89th anniversary of Dandi March' by paying his tribute to the master organizer of the movement Sardar Patel and the man who led it, Mahatma Gandhi. Meanwhile in a blog, PM underlined differences between what Gandhi aspired for India and what Congress did, remarking that, "the antithesis of Gandhian thought is the Congress culture".
PM Modi in his blog post published in his website "The organisational man that he was, Sardar Patel planned every minute aspect of the Dandi March, down to the last detail and, the British were so scared of Sardar Sahib that they arrested him a few days before the launch of Dandi March hoping it would scare Gandhi Ji. Furthermore none of that happened and the larger cause of fighting colonialism prevailed over everything else!".
Meanwhile Modi quoted Gandhi ji as saying that Congress leaders were only busy making communal adjustments. Previously in 1937 itself the father of the Nation said: "He would go to the length of giving the whole Congress a decent burial, rather than put up with the corruption that is rampant." Further he also accused Congress of creating caste divisions and practicing inequality in the country while in power. Moreover Modi also said Bapu spoke about detachment and staying away from excess wealth, whereas Congress has done is to fill their own bank accounts and lead luxurious lifestyles at the cost of providing basic necessities to the poor.
IRCTC pays compensation for late running of Tejas Express Reportedly a delay of more than three hours in the running of Delhi-Lucknow Tejas Express on October 19 has cost IRCTC around Rs 1.62 lakh which the railway subsidiary will pay through its insurance companies as compensation to around 950 passengers, a first in the history of Indian Railways. The officials said on Monday “The train started from Lucknow at around 9.55 am instead of its scheduled
- Exit polls predicted comfortable win for BJP in Maharashtra & Haryana
- After unprovoked firing, Indian army kills many terrorists in PoK
- Temporary Crèches set up in Maharashtra booths to help women voters
- Will Siddaramaiah vacate Cauvery Bungalow for Yeddyurappa to reside?
- Red Alert warning given in Kerala, Schools, Colleges remain shut on Tuesday
- Jio Launches All in One plans Bonanza for Diwali
- PM Modi feels Tamil languages as Exceptional & World's oldest language
- Tamilnadu shuts schools in 3 Districts on account of Heavy Rain
- KTR seeks Rs.3418 Crore for building Pharma City in Hyderabad
- PM Modi met a young innovator Amol Yadav, a pilot by profession of small aircrafts in India
- Revanth repeats Lagadapati drama!
- TDP To Lose Deposit in Huzoornagar
- Record Voter Turnout in Huzoornagar
- TDP in Jitters Over Reverse-Tendering Savings
- TSRTC Did Not Have Funds To Pay Salaries