The current Lok Sabha term ends on June 3, and the elections are scheduled to be held in 7 phases starting from April 11. The chief election commissioner Sunil Arora had earlier said that many new features will be rolled out in this election.
The phases of the election are Phase 1 on April 11, Phase 2 on April 18, Phase 3 on April 23, Phase 4 on 29 April, Phase 5 on May 6, Phase 6 on 12 May and Phase 7 on May 19. On the electronic voting machine this time the candidate face will also be displayed along with the name of the candidate and the symbol and there will be 10 lakh booths and 15 million voters.
A cVigil app has been launched to avoid and complain on malpractices happening in polling booths. Political advertisements certified by EC will be on social media, and there will be a helpline number for voters and booths will have Voter verifiable paper audit trail for voting, besides, the candidates are also asked their social media details.
IRCTC pays compensation for late running of Tejas Express Reportedly a delay of more than three hours in the running of Delhi-Lucknow Tejas Express on October 19 has cost IRCTC around Rs 1.62 lakh which the railway subsidiary will pay through its insurance companies as compensation to around 950 passengers, a first in the history of Indian Railways. The officials said on Monday “The train started from Lucknow at around 9.55 am instead of its scheduled
- Exit polls predicted comfortable win for BJP in Maharashtra & Haryana
- After unprovoked firing, Indian army kills many terrorists in PoK
- Temporary Crèches set up in Maharashtra booths to help women voters
- Will Siddaramaiah vacate Cauvery Bungalow for Yeddyurappa to reside?
- Red Alert warning given in Kerala, Schools, Colleges remain shut on Tuesday
- Jio Launches All in One plans Bonanza for Diwali
- PM Modi feels Tamil languages as Exceptional & World's oldest language
- Tamilnadu shuts schools in 3 Districts on account of Heavy Rain
- KTR seeks Rs.3418 Crore for building Pharma City in Hyderabad
- PM Modi met a young innovator Amol Yadav, a pilot by profession of small aircrafts in India
- Revanth repeats Lagadapati drama!
- TDP To Lose Deposit in Huzoornagar
- Record Voter Turnout in Huzoornagar
- TDP in Jitters Over Reverse-Tendering Savings
- TSRTC Did Not Have Funds To Pay Salaries