As per report it is a lot easier to book a movie ticket online through an application on your mobile phone or a website on your computer but have you ever wondered what this extra ‘internet handling fee’ that you pay against each ticket means? Meanwhile an RTI query with the Reserve Bank of India (RBI) reveals that these platforms providing movie ticket booking services do not have any authority to levy handling fees on customers and they are in violation of the RBI’s Merchant Discount Rate (MDR) regulations.
Furthermore the MDR is a payment gateway fee paid by the merchant to the bank for accepting customer payments from a debit or credit card. Reportedly the RBI, in their response to an RTI query filed by Vijay Gopal, the president of the Hyderabad based ‘Forum Against Corruption’, states that the fee has to be paid to banks by merchants for internet based online transactions.
Further the portal charges Rs 19.82 as internet handling fees that comprise a booking fee of Rs 16.80 and Rs 3.02 Integrated GST (IGST) at 18%. Hence most of us don’t mind paying this little extra cost to beat the queue; however, this Rs 16.80 is to be paid by BookMyShow to the bank and not by the customer. Apparently BookMyShow gives all theatres featured on their portal an option to levy the payment gateway fee on the customer in the form of internet handling fees, when in fact, the theatres are supposed to pay that amount for each debit/credit card transaction to the bank.
Mobile Phones rings in Kashmir Valley after 68 days Reportedly the government of Jammu and Kashmir on Saturday said postpaid mobile telephony would be restored from October 14, after 71 days of a communication shutdown in the Kashmir Valley, but warned of threats “of wide scale militant attacks being orchestrated from across the border”. Meanwhile after reviewing the situation, it has been decided that all postpaid mobile phones, irrespective
- 10,000 HAL workers begins their Indefinite Strike
- 4 National Level Hockey Players died in car crash in MP
- PM Modi has 30 Million followers on Instagram
- When will TSRTC strike come to an end?
- India gets started on a rail link between Raxaul in Bihar to the Nepalese capital
- Air India says issues regarding aviation fuel payments would be resolved early
- Chiranjeevi and Jagan's Bonhomie Surprises Everyone
- Jagan Increases Rythu Bharosa Amount in the Last Minute
- Indian-American Abhijit Banerjee Selected for Nobel Prize
- India slowed considerably from go-go-years before financial crisis: Raghuram Rajan
- Jagan discussed conditions on Ghanta with Chiru!
- BJP not yet projected any chief ministerial face for upcoming Assembly polls in Delhi
- Congress Leader Rahul Gandhi campaigns for the party in Haryana today
- Investigations going on in sensational Jolly Joseph serial murders case
- North East Monsoon likely be begin in Tamilnadu from October 17