New Delhi sources stated that Tom Vadakkan, senior Congress leader and a close aide of Sonia Gandhi, on Thursday joined the BJP in a major setback for the opposition party ahead of the national elections in April. When justifying his move, Mr Vadakkan said he was "deeply hurt" when his party of 20 years "questioned the integrity of the armed forces". Furthermore he also said that he believed in Prime Minister Narendra Modi's development narrative.
Mr. Vadakkan, who was welcomed into the BJP by union minister Ravi Shankar Prasad, said "He left Congress party because when Pakistani terrorists attacked our land, his party's reaction to it was sad, it hurt him deeply. If a political party takes such a position that is against the country, then he is left with no option but to leave the party". He also said “He gave his prime of life to the Congress, but dynastic politics is now at its zenith in the party and there's no place in it for self-respecting people”.
Moreover he asserted that he believed in Prime Minister Narendra Modi’s development narrative. Perhaps even as Rahul Gandhi is campaigning in Kerala, Congress spokesperson Tom Vadakkan switched sides to BJP on Thursday. “Hurt” after Congress questioned the armed forces post-Pulwama attack, Vadakkan joined BJP in the presence of Ravi Shankar Prasad. Apparently he also slammed Congress’ “dynasty politics” and said the party has a “culture of use and throw.
Mobile Phones rings in Kashmir Valley after 68 days Reportedly the government of Jammu and Kashmir on Saturday said postpaid mobile telephony would be restored from October 14, after 71 days of a communication shutdown in the Kashmir Valley, but warned of threats “of wide scale militant attacks being orchestrated from across the border”. Meanwhile after reviewing the situation, it has been decided that all postpaid mobile phones, irrespective
- 10,000 HAL workers begins their Indefinite Strike
- 4 National Level Hockey Players died in car crash in MP
- PM Modi has 30 Million followers on Instagram
- When will TSRTC strike come to an end?
- India gets started on a rail link between Raxaul in Bihar to the Nepalese capital
- Air India says issues regarding aviation fuel payments would be resolved early
- Chiranjeevi and Jagan's Bonhomie Surprises Everyone
- Jagan Increases Rythu Bharosa Amount in the Last Minute
- Indian-American Abhijit Banerjee Selected for Nobel Prize
- India slowed considerably from go-go-years before financial crisis: Raghuram Rajan
- Jagan discussed conditions on Ghanta with Chiru!
- BJP not yet projected any chief ministerial face for upcoming Assembly polls in Delhi
- Congress Leader Rahul Gandhi campaigns for the party in Haryana today
- Investigations going on in sensational Jolly Joseph serial murders case
- North East Monsoon likely be begin in Tamilnadu from October 17