According to sources the opposition Dravida Munnetra Kazhagam (DMK) on Friday announced the names of the constituencies that the party will contest with its allies for the April 18 Lok Sabha polls in Tamilnadu and Puducherry. Reportedly DMK president M K Stalin released the list of constituencies allotted to the allies, including Congress, in the presence of coalition leaders, including TNCC chief KS Alagiri and MDMK's Vaiko, at the party headquarters here.
Meanwhile there are 39 Lok Sabha seats in Tamilnadu and one in neighboring Puducherry. When addressing a press conference, Stalin said that the 20 seats from where DMK will contest include Thoothukudi, Chennai (South), Chennai (Central), Chennai (North), Kanchipuram, Nilgiris, Pollachi. Furthermore the Congress will compete for the lion's share of seats among the allies, will contest from nine seats in the state, including Sivaganga, Tiruchirappalli and Arani.
Moreover the Vaiko led MDMK was allotted Erode while CPI with Tirupur and Nagapattinam. CPI(M) will contest for Coimbatore and Madurai. Apparently the national party will also fight from the lone seat in the neighboring Puducherry and the pro-Dalit VCK has been given Villupuram and Chidambaram (SC) segments. Stalin said “The IUML and the KMDK will field their nominees from Ramanathapuram and Namakkal, respectively, while the IJK was allotted Perambalur”.
Chiranjeevi To Bridge The Gap Between Tollywood and Jagan Megastar Chiranjeevi along with his wife Surekha Konidela met Andhra Pradesh Chief Minister YS Jagan Mohan Reddy at the Chief Minister's official residence in Tadepalli on Monday as a courtesy call. This is the first time that the Chiranjeevi or for that matter, any Telugu Film Industry Biggie met him after YS Jagan took charge.
- Is it Self Dismiss? Or Self-Goal?
- PM Modi addressed rally at Kurukshetra in support of BJP candidate for Haryana assembly election
- HAL Employees to continue indefinite strike, talks failed
- Chennai will finally get a mayor after a gap of Eight years
- Reliance Jio unveiled an AI based Video Call Assistant (Bot) at India Mobile Congress (IMC) 2019
- Jagan Becoming Headache To KCR
- Heavy rain likely to lash Coastal AP: IMD
- Delhi Pollution Control Committee started night patrolling to prevent dust emission
- Why Pakistan is isolated by all countries in FATF?
- Jagan Proves To Be Rightful Than Chandrababu
- IRCTC IPO subscribed nearly 112 times on back of strong demand across investor categories
- Quality of Air in Delhi is very poor
- Mobile Phones rings in Kashmir Valley after 68 days
- 10,000 HAL workers begins their Indefinite Strike
- 4 National Level Hockey Players died in car crash in MP