According to sources the opposition Dravida Munnetra Kazhagam (DMK) on Friday announced the names of the constituencies that the party will contest with its allies for the April 18 Lok Sabha polls in Tamilnadu and Puducherry. Reportedly DMK president M K Stalin released the list of constituencies allotted to the allies, including Congress, in the presence of coalition leaders, including TNCC chief KS Alagiri and MDMK's Vaiko, at the party headquarters here.
Meanwhile there are 39 Lok Sabha seats in Tamilnadu and one in neighboring Puducherry. When addressing a press conference, Stalin said that the 20 seats from where DMK will contest include Thoothukudi, Chennai (South), Chennai (Central), Chennai (North), Kanchipuram, Nilgiris, Pollachi. Furthermore the Congress will compete for the lion's share of seats among the allies, will contest from nine seats in the state, including Sivaganga, Tiruchirappalli and Arani.
Moreover the Vaiko led MDMK was allotted Erode while CPI with Tirupur and Nagapattinam. CPI(M) will contest for Coimbatore and Madurai. Apparently the national party will also fight from the lone seat in the neighboring Puducherry and the pro-Dalit VCK has been given Villupuram and Chidambaram (SC) segments. Stalin said “The IUML and the KMDK will field their nominees from Ramanathapuram and Namakkal, respectively, while the IJK was allotted Perambalur”.
What is Roja's Condition in Nagari This Time? In 2014, Former Actress Roja won on YSR Congress Ticket from Nagari with a slight margin. She is excited on becoming the MLA and created a rampage in the Opposition. But then, she was suspended for a year in the Legislative Assembly for her poor behaviour. Roja's severe criticism on TDP almost made her an enemy to the Ruling Party and this time, they are determined to defeat her.
- TDP's Efforts To Prevent YSRCP Hindupur MP Nomination Foiled
- CM Chandrababu is Criminal Minister: Jagan
- Why former Indian Cricketer Azharuddin denied MP ticket?
- YS Jagan Mohan Reddy lashed out at Chandrababu Naidu for delay in Polavaram Project
- Bhimavaram & Gajuwaka best bets for Pawan Kalyan by partys General Body
- Nagababu Joins Party, Janasena Becomes Another Family Pack
- RTO attacked by actor's friend!
- Goa gets a new head!
- PM Modi likely to interact with Public about 'Main Bhi Chowkidar' by March 31
- Election Battle: Parties Cooking Strategies for Victory In Godavari
- Curious Case of Uttarandhra in 2019 Polls
- Chandra Babu Facing Huge Pressure
- DK Aruna Jumps into BJP
- Jagan Pinned Hopes On His Family
- Decoding Pawan Kalyan's Strategy For Assembly Elections