Sources from Hyderabad stated that the services of most electric buses in the city are limited to routes leading to the airport, which has been raising concerns among commuters, compelling them to ask, when the buses would operate properly in the city. Presently pollution levels too are rising day by day. Meanwhile in the city alone, as many as 1,000 Road Transport Corporation (RTC) buses are running beyond their lifetime in the corporation, as a result, they have become a major cause for air pollution.
Furthermore with the vehicles getting older, the fuel efficiency decreases and large amounts of smoke are emitted, thus increasing pollution. Reportedly Mr. T. Sumith, a Begumpet resident said, “It’s a common sight to see these RTC buses running and turning people behind them black. They make our commute horrible with all the smoke. It would be great, if electric buses are in place in the city too, which do not emit such a lot of smoke.”
Accordingly electric vehicles being noiseless and smokeless are more desirable, apart from their energy conservation. As per Bloomberg New Energy Finance report, for every 1,000 EV buses, the global demand for fuel drops by about 500 barrels a day and however, the city has only 40 electric buses as of now.
Guv made remarks on Indian Army's action against terrorist camps inside POK Sources from Srinagar stated that Jammu and Kashmir Governor Satya Pal Malik on Monday said India will dismantle terrorist infrastructures inside Pakistan Occupied Kashmir (POK) if the terrorism emanating from the neighboring country's soil is not dealt with. He said when speaking to reporters
- Jagan Insulted by the Central Government?
- Telangana police seizes AP CM Jagan Car
- First bitter experience for Jagan as Chief Minister at Delhi!
- Reliable Survey Agency about Huzurnagar Result
- AP Farmers exchanges Vegetables for plastic bags
- AIMPLB moves to court seeking no jail term for triple Talaq
- 52 Kgs of Plastic removed from Cow's stomach in TN
- PMC bank scam claims another life in Maharashtra
- Donald Trump humiliated NASA astronauts at ISS for being "first ever female spacewalkers"
- Did Kiran Bedi attempt to give away part of Puducherry to AP?
- IRCTC pays compensation for late running of Tejas Express
- Exit polls predicted comfortable win for BJP in Maharashtra & Haryana
- After unprovoked firing, Indian army kills many terrorists in PoK
- Temporary Crèches set up in Maharashtra booths to help women voters
- Will Siddaramaiah vacate Cauvery Bungalow for Yeddyurappa to reside?