New Delhi sources stated that for professionals and tourists alike, connecting to a public Wi-Fi is a boon keeping the high roaming data cost in mind, but connecting to any available free network can easily expose your data to hackers who are waiting for you to log into. Furthermore not just abroad, signing frequently into free Internet at hotels, coffee shops, conferences or shopping malls in India is equally dangerous, especially if there is lack of multi-layered security and encryption.
As per recent report by Google and global research firm Analysys Mason, public Wi-Fi in India has the ability to capture 40 million new connected users by 2019, resulting in at least $20 billion being added to the country's GDP. Meanwhile in a recent survey reported by Russia based software security group Kaspersky Lab, 70% of tablet owners and 53% of smart phone/mobile phone owners stated that they use public Wi-Fi hotspots.
Kaspersky Lab said "However, because data sent through public Wi-Fi can easily be intercepted, many mobile device and laptop users are risking the security of their personal information, digital identity and money". Kaspersky Lab informed "By using a VPN when you connect to a public Wi-Fi network, you'll effectively be using a ‘private tunnel' that encrypts all of your data that passes through the network which can help to prevent cybercriminals that are lurking on the network from intercepting your data”.
Heavy rain continues in Karnataka, killing 13 According to sources the fresh spell of rainfall across Karnataka has taken the lives of 13 people and displaced more than 7,000 people in the state. Meanwhile all 13 deaths were reported in the central and northern districts of Koppal (4), Haveri, Belagavi (2 each), Davangere, Raichur, Chitradurga, Dharwad, Bagalkot (1 each). With many areas flooded, six National Disaster Response Force
- Satya Pal Malik, likely to be appointed as the Lieutenant-General of the Union Territory of J&K
- Pakistani pop singer Rabi Pirzada now threatened Narendra Modi with a suicide attack
- 3,00,000 Public Sector Bank Employees strike against Govt plans was fruitful?
- DK Shivakumar granted bail in Money laundering case
- Hyderabadis to celebrate Eco Friendly Diwali this year
- Botsa is known for confusion!
- Tollywood Producer Bandla Ganesh Arrested
- Chandrababu Desperately Wooing BJP High Command?
- Nayanthara is Brand Ambassador for Katrina Kaif Beauty Line for South
- Sand Shortage Continues To Haunt Jagan Government
- Bombay HC cancels government order on phone tapping
- TN Govt announces new announcement for 10,11 & 12 Board Exams
- This Man displayed 'AP CM Jagan', as permanent iron plates in his car number plates
- Canadian prime ministry was saved by Indo-Canadian Sikh man
- Cash, drugs & freebies in Assembly polls in Maharashtra and Haryana in huge jump