Mollywood industry's prominent actor Dileep, who is the 8th accused in the Malayalam actor assault case, has filed a writ appeal before the Kerala High Court asking for stay on all proceedings in the case against him for masterminding the abduction and assault of a female actor in February 2017. Meanwhile this writ appeal has been filed at a time when the trial in the case is slated to start this month.
Earlier in a writ petition filed in August 2018, Dileep had asked for a CBI investigation in the case, arguing that he was being falsely implicated by Kerala police. Furthermore Dileep said that the Kerala police had arrested all the accused and filed a charge sheet in April 2018, which did not include his name. Further a few months later, the investigation team changed and he was taken into custody on charges of conspiracy.
Moreover Dileep’s plea asking for a probe was dismissed by Justice Sunil Thomas in December 2018. When arguing that the investigation was biased, Dileep’s writ appeal read, “The false implication of a person in a criminal offence is the worst form of injustice and a vitiated investigation is the precursor for miscarriage of criminal justice. Apparently as held by the Apex court, a trial based on partisan, motivated, one sided or biased investigation can hardly be a fair trial.”
HD Kumaraswamy turned down his invitation to attend opposition meeting in Delhi Reportedly Karnataka Chief Minister’s Office on Tuesday morning issued a statement confirming that Kumaraswamy would not attend the scheduled meeting of opposition parties organized at the insistence of Naidu. Meanwhile with fissures emerging in JD(S) Congress coalition in Karnataka, the JD(S) may well snap ties with Congress in the event of BJP led NDA returns to power at the Centre.
- South Central Railways runs Special trains for Hyderabad & Kakinada
- Will TV9 CEO be granted anticipatory bail?
- TRAI could come out with a separate consultation paper on video OTTs
- Will Sumalatha overtake Kumaraswamy's Son in Karnataka Exit Polls?
- Another person attacks Pawan Kalyan
- Modi is definitely not Vajpayee
- What Arvind Kejriwal spoke to Akhilesh Yadav over telephonic conversation?
- Stalin keen on cabinet berths for DMK & not following principles: AIADMK
- Actress Elle Fanning faints at Cannes and shocks fans around!
- You can work as a Social Media Manager and your salary is 26 Lakhs!
- Ahmedabad man covers his car with COW DUNG to keep it cool...
- TDP Will Split in To Two Parts After the Results
- Nizamabad witnessed highest temperature in Telangana at 44.4 degree Celsius
- Pawan Kalyan's Three Days Camp in Vijayawada for the Counting Day
- What did JD Lakshmi Narayana say about Exit Polls?