Mollywood industry's prominent actor Dileep, who is the 8th accused in the Malayalam actor assault case, has filed a writ appeal before the Kerala High Court asking for stay on all proceedings in the case against him for masterminding the abduction and assault of a female actor in February 2017. Meanwhile this writ appeal has been filed at a time when the trial in the case is slated to start this month.
Earlier in a writ petition filed in August 2018, Dileep had asked for a CBI investigation in the case, arguing that he was being falsely implicated by Kerala police. Furthermore Dileep said that the Kerala police had arrested all the accused and filed a charge sheet in April 2018, which did not include his name. Further a few months later, the investigation team changed and he was taken into custody on charges of conspiracy.
Moreover Dileep’s plea asking for a probe was dismissed by Justice Sunil Thomas in December 2018. When arguing that the investigation was biased, Dileep’s writ appeal read, “The false implication of a person in a criminal offence is the worst form of injustice and a vitiated investigation is the precursor for miscarriage of criminal justice. Apparently as held by the Apex court, a trial based on partisan, motivated, one sided or biased investigation can hardly be a fair trial.”
Guv made remarks on Indian Army's action against terrorist camps inside POK Sources from Srinagar stated that Jammu and Kashmir Governor Satya Pal Malik on Monday said India will dismantle terrorist infrastructures inside Pakistan Occupied Kashmir (POK) if the terrorism emanating from the neighboring country's soil is not dealt with. He said when speaking to reporters
- Jagan Insulted by the Central Government?
- Telangana police seizes AP CM Jagan Car
- First bitter experience for Jagan as Chief Minister at Delhi!
- Reliable Survey Agency about Huzurnagar Result
- AP Farmers exchanges Vegetables for plastic bags
- AIMPLB moves to court seeking no jail term for triple Talaq
- 52 Kgs of Plastic removed from Cow's stomach in TN
- PMC bank scam claims another life in Maharashtra
- Donald Trump humiliated NASA astronauts at ISS for being "first ever female spacewalkers"
- Did Kiran Bedi attempt to give away part of Puducherry to AP?
- IRCTC pays compensation for late running of Tejas Express
- Exit polls predicted comfortable win for BJP in Maharashtra & Haryana
- After unprovoked firing, Indian army kills many terrorists in PoK
- Temporary Crèches set up in Maharashtra booths to help women voters
- Will Siddaramaiah vacate Cauvery Bungalow for Yeddyurappa to reside?