Islamabad sources reported that the Islamic State (IS) has claimed responsibility for the suicide attack at a vegetable and fruit market in Pakistan's city of Quetta. Meanwhile the militant group said in a statement on Saturday that one of its members carried out the suicide attack that killed and injured several Shiite community members and Pakistani troops.
Furthermore Provincial Home Minister Mir Zia Ullah Langau told local media that at least 20 people, including a soldier of paramilitary troops Frontier Corps (FC) and two children, were killed while 48 others, including four FC personnel, got injured in Friday's attack. Reportedly Deputy Inspector General of Quetta Police Abdul Razzaq Cheema said the blast targeted the Hazara community of minority Shiite Muslims, and at least eight people from Hazara community were among the killed.
Moreover shortly after the attack, the Hazara community members including women and children staged a sit-in which continued on Saturday, demanding better security measures from the government. Apparently the protesters demand that the government implement an effective security plan and ensure protection of the community. Further the committee voiced serious concern over the Quetta blast and continued killings of members of the Hazara community.
Rajnath Singh hit back at Congress against human rights violations Reportedly after launching an offensive against the Congress, Union Defense Minister Rajnath Singh on Thursday accused it of internationalizing the Kashmir issue and reiterated that it is an internal matter. When addressing a poll rally ahead of assembly elections on October 21, the BJP leader brought up a meeting between Labour Party leader Jeremy Corbyn with representatives
- African Mona Lisa painting fetched pre-auction estimate of £1.1 million
- Investors can find no better place in the world than India: Nirmala Sitharaman
- TN Govt directed all blood banks in Tamilnadu to use Blood Donation feature on Facebook
- Exide industries launches e-vehicle in name of Exide Neo
- Jio alleged Airtel, Vodafone Idea & BSNL fraudulently masquerading against violation of IUC Regulations
- NorthEast Monsoon finally arrived South India
- Why Sourav Ganguly met Amit Shah a day before emerging as BCCI president?
- Will BJPs Abhe Singh Yadav retain constituency in Haryana Assembly Elections?
- CM KCR been cornered to the core in RTC strike issue
- Karti Chidambaram maintained he will appeal in right manner after whatever court says
- Watch this Video of Kerala Man caught in grip of Python, being saved
- NTA handed credentials of 19 students suspected of hiring impersonators in NEET Impersonation scam
- Sunni Waqf board seeks withdrawal of title dispute on last day of SC hearing
- UP cancels leaves of field officers in view of SC verdict on Ayodhya
- SC likely to pronounce the verdict between November 04 to 17