Chennai sources stated that DMK leader M. K Stalin on Saturday released a list of 4 candidates for the Assembly by-polls in the state. Meanwhile the party has nominated former ministers Pongalur N. Pazhanisamy from Sulur and V. Senthil Balaji from the Aravakurichi Assembly constituency, and Dr P. Saravanan from Thiruparankundram and M. C. Shanmugaiya from the Ottapidaram(SC) Assembly constituency.
According to the Election Commission, the indelible ink will be marked on the middle finger of the voters who cast their votes in these four Assembly by-polls since the voters would have exercised their franchise on April 18. Furthermore the Election Commission on Tuesday announced by-polls in four Assembly constituencies in Tamilnadu on 19th May, which happens to be the last phase of polling in the Lok Sabha election.
Moreover with this, by-polls are being held for 22 seats, including 16 that have fallen vacant following the disqualification of the AIADMK legislators loyal to the “rebel” T. T. V. Dhinakaran. The last date for filing of nominations will be April 29. Scrutiny of nominations will be conducted on 30th April. Apparently he doubted whether Jayalalitha could have affixed the thumb impressions on her own from the hospital bed.
Rajnath Singh hit back at Congress against human rights violations Reportedly after launching an offensive against the Congress, Union Defense Minister Rajnath Singh on Thursday accused it of internationalizing the Kashmir issue and reiterated that it is an internal matter. When addressing a poll rally ahead of assembly elections on October 21, the BJP leader brought up a meeting between Labour Party leader Jeremy Corbyn with representatives
- African Mona Lisa painting fetched pre-auction estimate of £1.1 million
- Investors can find no better place in the world than India: Nirmala Sitharaman
- TN Govt directed all blood banks in Tamilnadu to use Blood Donation feature on Facebook
- Exide industries launches e-vehicle in name of Exide Neo
- Jio alleged Airtel, Vodafone Idea & BSNL fraudulently masquerading against violation of IUC Regulations
- NorthEast Monsoon finally arrived South India
- Why Sourav Ganguly met Amit Shah a day before emerging as BCCI president?
- Will BJPs Abhe Singh Yadav retain constituency in Haryana Assembly Elections?
- CM KCR been cornered to the core in RTC strike issue
- Karti Chidambaram maintained he will appeal in right manner after whatever court says
- Watch this Video of Kerala Man caught in grip of Python, being saved
- NTA handed credentials of 19 students suspected of hiring impersonators in NEET Impersonation scam
- Sunni Waqf board seeks withdrawal of title dispute on last day of SC hearing
- UP cancels leaves of field officers in view of SC verdict on Ayodhya
- SC likely to pronounce the verdict between November 04 to 17