Accordingly the Election Commission (EC) has delayed the Kerala government’s decision to implement the extension of the moratorium on loans taken by farmers. As per the new directive from the EC, the government can implement this only after April 23, the day when the state will go to polls and the Chief Electoral Officer (CEO) Tikka Ram Meena said that the government can issue an order for extension of the moratorium after elections.
Furthermore the CEO had earlier given nod to the government’s decision to extend the moratorium on farm loans but had forwarded the request to the Election Commission for the final word earlier this month and hence the EC, however, returned the file, asking more clarifications on the report.
Previously during the floods, 2.8 lakh farmers in the state had incurred a loss of about Rs 1,050 crore. About 46,000 hectares of crops had been destroyed in the flood. Moreover the decision to give moratorium was taken in a meeting held by State Level Bankers Committee (SLBC) on the request of the government last August, soon after the floods. Nationalized banks, cooperative banks, small finance banks and scheduled banks had agreed to the moratorium for loans taken by farmers.
Artisanal bread bakers order numbers almost doubled in Bengaluru Accordingly many bakers have seen an increase in order volumes in the past year, along with a greater interest in sourdough bread from customers. It’s said to be more easily digestible, with a lower glycemic index that doesn’t cause blood sugar spikes the way normal refined flour bread does. Samruddhi Nayak,
- Chief Secretary Stalls Chandrababu Government's 1000 Crore Loan
- Janasena's First Review Meeting After 10 Days of Polling
- US government taking aim at India based call centre scam industry
- Janasena Loses Its Most-Vocal TV Face
- Indigo has very aggressive fleet expansion plans
- Hottest Bet of Andhra Pradesh Elections
- Sidda candidature helps TDP to get more votes in Towns!
- Rajinikanth all set to contest Assembly elections in Tamilnadu
- Kudos to CBN
- KCR To Gift A Plum Post to His Arch-Rival
- AMMK leader TTV Dhinakaran unanimously elected as its general secretary
- Chandrababu Naidu confident winning LS Polls?
- No Ego Whatsoever for KCR
- Hyderabad Metro Rail launched shuttle buses services
- YS Jagan Skips Ramoji Rao's Grand Daughter Wedding