Accordingly the Election Commission (EC) has delayed the Kerala government’s decision to implement the extension of the moratorium on loans taken by farmers. As per the new directive from the EC, the government can implement this only after April 23, the day when the state will go to polls and the Chief Electoral Officer (CEO) Tikka Ram Meena said that the government can issue an order for extension of the moratorium after elections.
Furthermore the CEO had earlier given nod to the government’s decision to extend the moratorium on farm loans but had forwarded the request to the Election Commission for the final word earlier this month and hence the EC, however, returned the file, asking more clarifications on the report.
Previously during the floods, 2.8 lakh farmers in the state had incurred a loss of about Rs 1,050 crore. About 46,000 hectares of crops had been destroyed in the flood. Moreover the decision to give moratorium was taken in a meeting held by State Level Bankers Committee (SLBC) on the request of the government last August, soon after the floods. Nationalized banks, cooperative banks, small finance banks and scheduled banks had agreed to the moratorium for loans taken by farmers.
Rajnath Singh hit back at Congress against human rights violations Reportedly after launching an offensive against the Congress, Union Defense Minister Rajnath Singh on Thursday accused it of internationalizing the Kashmir issue and reiterated that it is an internal matter. When addressing a poll rally ahead of assembly elections on October 21, the BJP leader brought up a meeting between Labour Party leader Jeremy Corbyn with representatives
- African Mona Lisa painting fetched pre-auction estimate of £1.1 million
- Investors can find no better place in the world than India: Nirmala Sitharaman
- TN Govt directed all blood banks in Tamilnadu to use Blood Donation feature on Facebook
- Exide industries launches e-vehicle in name of Exide Neo
- Jio alleged Airtel, Vodafone Idea & BSNL fraudulently masquerading against violation of IUC Regulations
- NorthEast Monsoon finally arrived South India
- Why Sourav Ganguly met Amit Shah a day before emerging as BCCI president?
- Will BJPs Abhe Singh Yadav retain constituency in Haryana Assembly Elections?
- CM KCR been cornered to the core in RTC strike issue
- Karti Chidambaram maintained he will appeal in right manner after whatever court says
- Watch this Video of Kerala Man caught in grip of Python, being saved
- NTA handed credentials of 19 students suspected of hiring impersonators in NEET Impersonation scam
- Sunni Waqf board seeks withdrawal of title dispute on last day of SC hearing
- UP cancels leaves of field officers in view of SC verdict on Ayodhya
- SC likely to pronounce the verdict between November 04 to 17