Washington sources reported that American Airlines announced Sunday it would scrap some 115 flights per day in the coming months because its fleet of Boeing 737 MAX planes is being grounded until August 19. Meanwhile America's leading airline had previously only planned to keep the planes out of commission until June 5, with Boeing facing intense scrutiny after 157 people died in an Ethiopian Airlines 737 MAX crash on March 10 the second deadly crash involving the aircraft in five months.
Reportedly American Airlines chairman and CEO Doug Parker said in a statement “These 115 flights represent approximately 1.5% of American's total flying each day this summer”, but he stressed his confidence in the aircraft overall. He said “Based upon our ongoing work with the Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) and Boeing, we are highly confident that the MAX will be re-certified prior to this time (August 19)”.
Moreover 'Once the MAX is re-certified, we anticipate bringing our MAX aircraft back on line as spares to supplement our operation as needed during the summer.' Apparently American Airlines had lowered one of its first quarter indicators in light of the Boeing 737 MAX 8 planes being grounded, along with the partial US government shutdown and technical challenges.
Nirav Modi remanded to Prison until November 11 London sources reported that fugitive diamond trader Nirav Modi, who is fighting extradition to India on charges over the nearly USD 2 billion Punjab National Bank (PNB) fraud and money laundering case, on Thursday was remanded to prison until November 11 after he appeared via video link from his London jail for a regular remand hearing.
- Kamala Harris asked Twitter to suspend Trump's account for attacking lawmakers
- Rajnath Singh hit back at Congress against human rights violations
- African Mona Lisa painting fetched pre-auction estimate of £1.1 million
- Investors can find no better place in the world than India: Nirmala Sitharaman
- TN Govt directed all blood banks in Tamilnadu to use Blood Donation feature on Facebook
- Exide industries launches e-vehicle in name of Exide Neo
- Jio alleged Airtel, Vodafone Idea & BSNL fraudulently masquerading against violation of IUC Regulations
- NorthEast Monsoon finally arrived South India
- Why Sourav Ganguly met Amit Shah a day before emerging as BCCI president?
- Will BJPs Abhe Singh Yadav retain constituency in Haryana Assembly Elections?
- CM KCR been cornered to the core in RTC strike issue
- Karti Chidambaram maintained he will appeal in right manner after whatever court says
- Watch this Video of Kerala Man caught in grip of Python, being saved
- NTA handed credentials of 19 students suspected of hiring impersonators in NEET Impersonation scam
- Sunni Waqf board seeks withdrawal of title dispute on last day of SC hearing