Rameshwaram sources stated that the 61 day annual fishing ban along the Tamilnadu coast came into effect from Monday in view of the breeding season. Reportedly Fisheries Department Assistant Director in Rameswaram M Gopinath said nearly 12,000 mechanized boats in 13 districts including Ramanathapuram, Tuticorin, Nagapattinam and Cuddalore among others in the state would stay off the sea during the period.
He said the ban would be in force till June 15. Furthermore mechanized boats fishermen have been instructed not to venture into the sea to avoid disturbance caused by trawlers to marine life during the breeding season. Further the ban would not apply to country boats which would continue fishing as usual. Apparently Tamilnadu has more than 1,076 km-long coastline and is one of the leading states in marine fish production.
Moreover the ban was increased from 45 days to 60 days in 2017. Perhaps thousands of fishermen would be rendered jobless during the ban period, Rameswaram Fishermen Association President, P Sesuraja said and he also urged the state government to increase the compensation of Rs 5,000 given to fishermen for the loss of income during the ban period to Rs 10,000.
Rajnath Singh hit back at Congress against human rights violations Reportedly after launching an offensive against the Congress, Union Defense Minister Rajnath Singh on Thursday accused it of internationalizing the Kashmir issue and reiterated that it is an internal matter. When addressing a poll rally ahead of assembly elections on October 21, the BJP leader brought up a meeting between Labour Party leader Jeremy Corbyn with representatives
- African Mona Lisa painting fetched pre-auction estimate of £1.1 million
- Investors can find no better place in the world than India: Nirmala Sitharaman
- TN Govt directed all blood banks in Tamilnadu to use Blood Donation feature on Facebook
- Exide industries launches e-vehicle in name of Exide Neo
- Jio alleged Airtel, Vodafone Idea & BSNL fraudulently masquerading against violation of IUC Regulations
- NorthEast Monsoon finally arrived South India
- Why Sourav Ganguly met Amit Shah a day before emerging as BCCI president?
- Will BJPs Abhe Singh Yadav retain constituency in Haryana Assembly Elections?
- CM KCR been cornered to the core in RTC strike issue
- Karti Chidambaram maintained he will appeal in right manner after whatever court says
- Watch this Video of Kerala Man caught in grip of Python, being saved
- NTA handed credentials of 19 students suspected of hiring impersonators in NEET Impersonation scam
- Sunni Waqf board seeks withdrawal of title dispute on last day of SC hearing
- UP cancels leaves of field officers in view of SC verdict on Ayodhya
- SC likely to pronounce the verdict between November 04 to 17