Reports stated that the Election Commission of India (ECI) has barred Uttar Pradesh chief minister Yogi Adityanath and Bhahujan Samaj Party chief Mayawati for violating the election Model Code of Conduct (MCC). Accordingly Yogi Adityanath is barred from campaigning for the next 72 hours while Mayawati will not be allowed to campaign for the next 48 hours.
Meanwhile it was first BSP chief Mayawait who appealed the Muslim voters to vote for Samajwadi Party and BSP alliance in UP and also said not to split the vote bank. Apparently then it was UP CM Yogi who reacted on Mayawati's comments. Hence at a rally in Meerut, Yogi said, SP and BSP have faith in 'Ali', we have faith in 'Bajrang Bali.'
Moreover these statements of Yogi and Mayawati were taken into cognizance by the EC and under Article 324 of the Constitution of India, they took the above action. Reportedly the Supreme Court has wrapped up EC earlier in the day for not taking swiftly on hate speeches by politicians during the election campaign. Just after Supreme Court's critical comments on EC, the poll panel had acted.
Did Kiran Bedi attempt to give away part of Puducherry to AP? Reportedly Puducherry Lieutenant Governor Kiran Bedi and DMK chief MK Stalin have become embroiled in a war of words over Yanam, one of the four districts in the union territory. Previously Stalin accused the Lt Governor of attempting to give an island belonging to the district over to Andhra Pradesh. Kiran Bedi has responded to the allegations stating that she had personally seen 'gross environmental
- IRCTC pays compensation for late running of Tejas Express
- Exit polls predicted comfortable win for BJP in Maharashtra & Haryana
- After unprovoked firing, Indian army kills many terrorists in PoK
- Temporary Crèches set up in Maharashtra booths to help women voters
- Will Siddaramaiah vacate Cauvery Bungalow for Yeddyurappa to reside?
- Red Alert warning given in Kerala, Schools, Colleges remain shut on Tuesday
- Jio Launches All in One plans Bonanza for Diwali
- PM Modi feels Tamil languages as Exceptional & World's oldest language
- Tamilnadu shuts schools in 3 Districts on account of Heavy Rain
- KTR seeks Rs.3418 Crore for building Pharma City in Hyderabad
- PM Modi met a young innovator Amol Yadav, a pilot by profession of small aircrafts in India
- Revanth repeats Lagadapati drama!
- TDP To Lose Deposit in Huzoornagar
- Record Voter Turnout in Huzoornagar
- TDP in Jitters Over Reverse-Tendering Savings