Accordingly a massive fire broke out on Monday afternoon in the Vattavada forest region of Idukki, destroying several acres of forest land. Meanwhile the fire broke out within the proposed Neelakurinji sanctuary of the Kambakallu-Kadavari region of Idukki. Reportedly large swaths of eucalyptus plantations have been gutted in the fire, which officials believe is man-made. Officials say the fire has been brought under control but has yet to be extinguished completed. Apparently firefighters are working to douse the fire in the sanctuary area of Vattavada.
Reportedly "As per our primary investigation, 15 hectares of eucalyptus plantation have been gutted," a Forest Department official told. Furthermore authorities allege that the fire was started by the land mafia in an effort to prevent the land from being taken over by the proposed Neelakurinji sanctuary. Moreover the Forest Department says it plans to create “fire breaks” in an effort to prevent forest fires in the state.
Perhaps Field director Kottayam Georgy P Mathachen said that the Forest Department uses felled trees to create fire breaks that serve to prevent canopy fires from spreading. Sources added that Mathachen explains, "The Forest Department typically uses fire lines to prevent forest fires. But the fire lines do not help to prevent forest fires in the plantation areas due to the width of the canopy of the deep forests. The tree break technique will help to prevent large forest fires."
Artisanal bread bakers order numbers almost doubled in Bengaluru Accordingly many bakers have seen an increase in order volumes in the past year, along with a greater interest in sourdough bread from customers. It’s said to be more easily digestible, with a lower glycemic index that doesn’t cause blood sugar spikes the way normal refined flour bread does. Samruddhi Nayak,
- Chief Secretary Stalls Chandrababu Government's 1000 Crore Loan
- Janasena's First Review Meeting After 10 Days of Polling
- US government taking aim at India based call centre scam industry
- Janasena Loses Its Most-Vocal TV Face
- Indigo has very aggressive fleet expansion plans
- Hottest Bet of Andhra Pradesh Elections
- Sidda candidature helps TDP to get more votes in Towns!
- Rajinikanth all set to contest Assembly elections in Tamilnadu
- Kudos to CBN
- KCR To Gift A Plum Post to His Arch-Rival
- AMMK leader TTV Dhinakaran unanimously elected as its general secretary
- Chandrababu Naidu confident winning LS Polls?
- No Ego Whatsoever for KCR
- Hyderabad Metro Rail launched shuttle buses services
- YS Jagan Skips Ramoji Rao's Grand Daughter Wedding