Reportedly Indian expatriates across the United Arab Emirates (UAE) celebrated spring time harvest festivals and ushered in traditional New Year’s. Accordingly Keralites, the largest group among more than 3.3 million strong Indian community in the UAE, celebrated Vishu on Monday. Meanwhile Dubai resident Anoop Nair, who has released a Vishu special song called "Mama Malayalam" (My Malayalam) on YouTube, said the Vishu celebration of Malayalees was incomplete without the 'sadhya', a sumptuous 26 item vegetarian feast served on banana leaf.
Furthermore "Everyone wears new clothes and enjoys the sadhya. What we generally miss here are the crackers that we burst back home." Further the Assamese New Year Rongali Bihu also fell on Monday and the small Assamese community in Dubai has planned a get-together on April 26 to celebrate the festival and make the younger generation aware about their traditions, said Aswini Borkotoky, who owns a car leasing company.
Moreover the Bengalis marked Poila Baisakh on Monday by observing many rituals. Anandita Kumar, a project manager in Dubai said he was looking forward to a cultural celebration by her community group on Friday. Apparently the people from Karnataka, Andhra Pradesh and Telangana marked their new year called 'Ugadi' on April 6, Sikhs from Punjab celebrated 'Baisakhi' and Tamilians ushered in 'Puthandu' on April 14.
Did Kiran Bedi attempt to give away part of Puducherry to AP? Reportedly Puducherry Lieutenant Governor Kiran Bedi and DMK chief MK Stalin have become embroiled in a war of words over Yanam, one of the four districts in the union territory. Previously Stalin accused the Lt Governor of attempting to give an island belonging to the district over to Andhra Pradesh. Kiran Bedi has responded to the allegations stating that she had personally seen 'gross environmental
- IRCTC pays compensation for late running of Tejas Express
- Exit polls predicted comfortable win for BJP in Maharashtra & Haryana
- After unprovoked firing, Indian army kills many terrorists in PoK
- Temporary Crèches set up in Maharashtra booths to help women voters
- Will Siddaramaiah vacate Cauvery Bungalow for Yeddyurappa to reside?
- Red Alert warning given in Kerala, Schools, Colleges remain shut on Tuesday
- Jio Launches All in One plans Bonanza for Diwali
- PM Modi feels Tamil languages as Exceptional & World's oldest language
- Tamilnadu shuts schools in 3 Districts on account of Heavy Rain
- KTR seeks Rs.3418 Crore for building Pharma City in Hyderabad
- PM Modi met a young innovator Amol Yadav, a pilot by profession of small aircrafts in India
- Revanth repeats Lagadapati drama!
- TDP To Lose Deposit in Huzoornagar
- Record Voter Turnout in Huzoornagar
- TDP in Jitters Over Reverse-Tendering Savings