Reportedly Indian expatriates across the United Arab Emirates (UAE) celebrated spring time harvest festivals and ushered in traditional New Year’s. Accordingly Keralites, the largest group among more than 3.3 million strong Indian community in the UAE, celebrated Vishu on Monday. Meanwhile Dubai resident Anoop Nair, who has released a Vishu special song called "Mama Malayalam" (My Malayalam) on YouTube, said the Vishu celebration of Malayalees was incomplete without the 'sadhya', a sumptuous 26 item vegetarian feast served on banana leaf.
Furthermore "Everyone wears new clothes and enjoys the sadhya. What we generally miss here are the crackers that we burst back home." Further the Assamese New Year Rongali Bihu also fell on Monday and the small Assamese community in Dubai has planned a get-together on April 26 to celebrate the festival and make the younger generation aware about their traditions, said Aswini Borkotoky, who owns a car leasing company.
Moreover the Bengalis marked Poila Baisakh on Monday by observing many rituals. Anandita Kumar, a project manager in Dubai said he was looking forward to a cultural celebration by her community group on Friday. Apparently the people from Karnataka, Andhra Pradesh and Telangana marked their new year called 'Ugadi' on April 6, Sikhs from Punjab celebrated 'Baisakhi' and Tamilians ushered in 'Puthandu' on April 14.
Is Pawan Kalyan again hitting headlines for all the wrong reasons? Accordingly Poonam Kaur lodged a complaint with Cyber crime about #Pawanleaks which went viral on social media. Recently some of her conversations were leaked and have become the talk of the town. In the leaked audio clips, Poonam is reported to be talking about Pawan Kalyan and his favorite guru Trivikram
- When is Telangana Local Body polling planned?
- Azim Premji History Maker Chairman of Wipro Limited
- Artisanal bread bakers order numbers almost doubled in Bengaluru
- Chief Secretary Stalls Chandrababu Government's 1000 Crore Loan
- Janasena's First Review Meeting After 10 Days of Polling
- US government taking aim at India based call centre scam industry
- Janasena Loses Its Most-Vocal TV Face
- Indigo has very aggressive fleet expansion plans
- Hottest Bet of Andhra Pradesh Elections
- Sidda candidature helps TDP to get more votes in Towns!
- Rajinikanth all set to contest Assembly elections in Tamilnadu
- Kudos to CBN
- KCR To Gift A Plum Post to His Arch-Rival
- AMMK leader TTV Dhinakaran unanimously elected as its general secretary
- Chandrababu Naidu confident winning LS Polls?