According to sources almost six crore voters will be exercising their franchise in Tamilnadu when the State votes for 38 Parliamentary constituencies and by-polls to 18 Assembly constituencies on Thursday. Reportedly it is essentially a fight between the AIADMK led alliance which includes the BJP, PMK, and DMDK among others, and the Secular Democratic Front (SDF) led DMK, along with the Congress, VCK, MDMK, and the Left parties.
Furthermore the Dhinakaran led AMMK, Naam Thamilar Katchi, and actor turned politician Kamal Hassan’s MNM are also in the fray. DMK president and Leader of Opposition M.K. Stalin said after casting his vote in Chennai said “As DMK president, he urges all voters to come and vote so as to bring about a change in the government. All of you should vote and hopes people are not influenced by money being distributed by some parties". Further Mr. Stalin also accused the Election Commission of "functioning like an ally of the ruling governments in the Centre and the State."
He added “He hopes the Election Commission attends to all EVMs that have developed snags in various places”. Moreover polling commenced on a brisk note in southern districts of Tamilnadu from 7 am. As per reports, returning officers exercised their votes. Ministers, former ministers, MPs and MLAs also cast their votes. In Theni SP V. Baskaran said that polling began on a peaceful note. Moreover in Madurai city, some voters residing closer to Meenakshi temple had difficulty in reaching to the polling station due to the Car festival.
Man rapes cows and gets caught! A man based out of Uttar Pradesh's Faizabad district has been arrested for committing an unbelievable and inhuman crime of raping seven cows in cattle shelter. It was said by people that the man used to come to the cattle shelter and he regularly attacked the animals and sexually assaulted them and everything was recorded in the CCTV camera which was fixed there.
- Will TTV Dinakaran prove non-registration of votes in Tamilnadu?
- 50% of MPs in 17th Lok Sabha have criminal charges against them
- Dr. Rajasekhar lauds YS Jagan
- Rahul Gandhi thankful & indebted to Kerala voters
- Trump makes new trade deal with Japan
- AP people lives up to their expectations: YS Jagan
- Massive fire engulfed four-storey commercial complex in Surat
- YS Jagan asks for financial help from PM Modi for AP
- KCR Targeting to Acquire ABN - Andhrajyothy?
- KCR To Show Door to Two of His Ministers
- Two Hugs of Jagan Making TDP Supporters Restless
- Jagan's Crucial Comments on Special Status, Polavaram, and Amaravati
- First U - Turn by Jagan!
- Kamal's MNM got 3.72% of the total votes in LS Polls
- Sri Reddy starts her attack on Pawan Kalyan