According to sources polling agents and volunteers are hard at work in Karnataka's Mandya to encourage voters to exercise their franchise despite the scorching heat. Meanwhile they are waiting on pavements near polling booths and trying their best to convince voters.
Furthermore Sharath, a die-hard fan of late actor cum politician MH Ambareesh, was seen showing a model EVM to people heading to the polling station at Ashok Nagar. He was also seen asking voters to elect Independent candidate Sumalatha Ambareesh "to protect the self-esteem of Mandya as well to fight against the dynastic politics" of former Prime Minister HD Deve Gowda's family.
Moreover Karnataka minister DK Shivakumar voted at a polling booth in Dodda Halahalli in Kanakapura taluk. Karnataka recorded a voter turnout of 21.47 percent till 1 pm, Tamilnadu recorded 23.09 percent and Puducherry, 35.27 percent. Hence as many as 51 polling booths reported EVM glitches across Tamilnadu, including 33 booths in Kanyakumari constituency and four in Chennai.
Rajnath Singh hit back at Congress against human rights violations Reportedly after launching an offensive against the Congress, Union Defense Minister Rajnath Singh on Thursday accused it of internationalizing the Kashmir issue and reiterated that it is an internal matter. When addressing a poll rally ahead of assembly elections on October 21, the BJP leader brought up a meeting between Labour Party leader Jeremy Corbyn with representatives
- African Mona Lisa painting fetched pre-auction estimate of £1.1 million
- Investors can find no better place in the world than India: Nirmala Sitharaman
- TN Govt directed all blood banks in Tamilnadu to use Blood Donation feature on Facebook
- Exide industries launches e-vehicle in name of Exide Neo
- Jio alleged Airtel, Vodafone Idea & BSNL fraudulently masquerading against violation of IUC Regulations
- NorthEast Monsoon finally arrived South India
- Why Sourav Ganguly met Amit Shah a day before emerging as BCCI president?
- Will BJPs Abhe Singh Yadav retain constituency in Haryana Assembly Elections?
- CM KCR been cornered to the core in RTC strike issue
- Karti Chidambaram maintained he will appeal in right manner after whatever court says
- Watch this Video of Kerala Man caught in grip of Python, being saved
- NTA handed credentials of 19 students suspected of hiring impersonators in NEET Impersonation scam
- Sunni Waqf board seeks withdrawal of title dispute on last day of SC hearing
- UP cancels leaves of field officers in view of SC verdict on Ayodhya
- SC likely to pronounce the verdict between November 04 to 17