Washington sources reported that Satellite measurements by NASA researchers have verified the ground based data which shows the Earth's surface has been warming globally over the past 15 years. Reportedly the team used measurements of the 'skin' temperature of the Earth taken by a satellite-based infrared measurement system called AIRS (Atmospheric Infra-Red Sounder) from 2003 to 2017.
Furthermore the researchers compared these with station-based analyses of surface air temperature anomalies principally the Goddard Institute for Space Studies Surface Temperature Analysis (GISTEMP). Apparently the study, published in the journal Environmental Research Letters, found a high level of consistency between the two data sets over the past 15 years. Joel Susskind, from NASA's Goddard Space Flight Center in the US said "AIRS data complement GISTEMP because they are at a higher spatial resolution than GISTEMP, and have more complete global coverage”.
Susskind said in a statement "Both data sets demonstrate the Earth's surface has been warming globally over this period and that 2016, 2017, and 2015 have been the warmest years in the instrumental record, in that order". He said "This is important because of the intense interest in the detail of how estimates of global and regional temperature change are constructed from surface temperature data, and how known imperfections in the raw data are handled”.
Air India says issues regarding aviation fuel payments would be resolved early Reportedly Air India said that the issues regarding aviation fuel payments are being sorted out with the state run oil companies and they would be resolved early. Meanwhile the statement comes days after oil PSUs (public sector units) in a letter to the national carrier warned of ending fuel supplies at six major airports from October 18, if the latter did not make the lump sum payments as had been agreed upon.
- Chiranjeevi and Jagan's Bonhomie Surprises Everyone
- Jagan Increases Rythu Bharosa Amount in the Last Minute
- Indian-American Abhijit Banerjee Selected for Nobel Prize
- India slowed considerably from go-go-years before financial crisis: Raghuram Rajan
- Jagan discussed conditions on Ghanta with Chiru!
- BJP not yet projected any chief ministerial face for upcoming Assembly polls in Delhi
- Congress Leader Rahul Gandhi campaigns for the party in Haryana today
- Investigations going on in sensational Jolly Joseph serial murders case
- North East Monsoon likely be begin in Tamilnadu from October 17
- PM Modi dared Rahul Gandhi on abrogation of Article 370
- BJP may face tough time in Thanesar seat as Ex- INLD chief joined Congress
- Mobile Phone services to be restored from October 14 at Kashmir
- Will TSRTC Bus services be restored by October 21?
- PM Modi took to Twitter to answer what he was carrying while plogging at Mamallapuram beach
- Bangladesh and Nepal are estimated to grow faster than India in 2019: WB