Accordingly the voting in the second phase of general elections turned violent in Karnataka and West Bengal states. Meanwhile in Karnataka, BJP and Congress activists clashed with each other in Mysuru Rural assembly segment. Furthermore for about two to three hours there was a tense situation at few polling booths and till 1 PM, Karnataka has reported 34 percent of polling.
Reportedly in West Bengal, BJP workers clashed with Trinamool Congress (TMC) supporters. BJP General Secretary candidate from Raiganj constituency Debasree Chaudhuri alleged TMC of doing booth capturing. In another polling booth, BJP and TMC activists have damaged an EVM machine.
Moreover a lathi charge is reported in Darjeeling. Agitators tried to stop people from voting. Apparently this led to a lathi charge while West Bengal Police and RAF had to use tear gas on miscreants. In Islampur of Bengal, CPM candidate from Raiganj Mohammad Salim was attacked and his car was damaged. However, Salim walked free of injuries.
BJP made scrapping of Article 370 its main talking point in assembly elections in Haryana & Maharashtra Sources from Pune stated that Prime Minister Narendra Modi, who was addressing a rally in poll bound Maharashtra's Pune district on Thursday, made a surprising gesture to his audience while speaking on his government's recent decision to scrap Article 370, which granted special status to Jammu and Kashmir. Meanwhile as the crowd cheered for him, he halted his speech, stepped aside from the dais and bowed before the public twice.
- PMC Bank came under RBI scanner
- Kerala Cops searches Jolly's friend seen in many photos
- Northeast Monsoon intensified in Tamilnadu
- Will AP Secretaries stop Fake News?
- Telangana's new Liquor Policy received 41,000 applications
- Will TRS predicts Huzurnagar Bye Election Result?
- AIADMK announced candidates for Assembly by-polls
- Nirav Modi remanded to Prison until November 11
- Kamala Harris asked Twitter to suspend Trump's account for attacking lawmakers
- Rajnath Singh hit back at Congress against human rights violations
- African Mona Lisa painting fetched pre-auction estimate of £1.1 million
- Investors can find no better place in the world than India: Nirmala Sitharaman
- TN Govt directed all blood banks in Tamilnadu to use Blood Donation feature on Facebook
- Exide industries launches e-vehicle in name of Exide Neo
- Jio alleged Airtel, Vodafone Idea & BSNL fraudulently masquerading against violation of IUC Regulations