Accordingly India is in its second phase of polling for the Lok Sabha 2019 and social media is full of photos of celebrities and prominent public personalities casting their vote. Meanwhile one of the photos doing the rounds is of Google CEO Sundar Pichai, with captions saying he came all the way to Tamilnadu to cast his vote.
Furthermore Tamil cinema fans may recall that Vijay's Deepavali release Sarkar had the actor playing Sundar Ramasamy, a character modeled on the Google CEO, returning to Tamilnadu just to cast his vote.
Moreover as per report the intention behind the posts may have been to encourage people to go out and vote, turns out the news are not true. Sundar Pichai is a US citizen, and cannot vote in India. So apparently he did not come down to Tamilnadu to vote. According to report Sundar was born in Madurai and pursued his school education in Chennai in Tamilnadu and he went on to study at IIT Kharagpur and did an MS from Stanford University followed by an MBA from the University of Pennsylvania.
Telangana's new Liquor Policy received 41,000 applications Hyderabad sources stated that Telangana Government’s Excise department which opened doors for huge income with its new liquor policy had received nearly 41,000 applications till Wednesday, October 17 which was the last date for applications given by the Telangana government. Telangana's New liquor policy will be effective from November 1, 2019, to November 1, 2021. Presently the Telangana Government is focused to increase alcohol sales to gain huge profits and to drastically increase the revenue
- Will TRS predicts Huzurnagar Bye Election Result?
- AIADMK announced candidates for Assembly by-polls
- Nirav Modi remanded to Prison until November 11
- Kamala Harris asked Twitter to suspend Trump's account for attacking lawmakers
- Rajnath Singh hit back at Congress against human rights violations
- African Mona Lisa painting fetched pre-auction estimate of £1.1 million
- Investors can find no better place in the world than India: Nirmala Sitharaman
- TN Govt directed all blood banks in Tamilnadu to use Blood Donation feature on Facebook
- Exide industries launches e-vehicle in name of Exide Neo
- Jio alleged Airtel, Vodafone Idea & BSNL fraudulently masquerading against violation of IUC Regulations
- NorthEast Monsoon finally arrived South India
- Why Sourav Ganguly met Amit Shah a day before emerging as BCCI president?
- Will BJPs Abhe Singh Yadav retain constituency in Haryana Assembly Elections?
- CM KCR been cornered to the core in RTC strike issue
- Karti Chidambaram maintained he will appeal in right manner after whatever court says