New Delhi sources stated that a day after the Election Commission suspended Karnataka cadre IAS officer Mohammed Mohsin for checking Prime Minister Narendra Modi’s helicopter at Sambalpur in Odisha in his capacity of general observer; a former Union secretary has termed it a “highly questionable response”.
Meanwhile in a letter to Chief Election Commissioner Sunil Arora and the two Election Commissioners Ashok Lavasa and Sushil Chandra, former secretary E.A.S. Sarma has accused the Commission of not supporting the officer for performing his duty. Furthermore the officer in question, Mohammad Mohsin, is at present serving as a secretary in Karnataka’s Backward Class Welfare Department and was posted in Sambalpur on election duty.
Moreover the incident occurred while the prime minister was in addressing the rally at Sambalpur. Apparently as per report, “Mohsin approached the SPG stationed by the helicopter and requested a search. SPG demanded a document authorizing him to do so and the search was allowed, but it delayed the PM’s departure by 20 minutes.”
Chiranjeevi and Jagan's Bonhomie Surprises Everyone Megastar Chiranjeevi along with his wife Surekha Konidela met Andhra Pradesh Chief Minister YS Jagan Mohan Reddy at the Chief Minister's official residence in Tadepalli on Monday as a courtesy call on Monday. This is the first time that the Chiranjeevi met him after YS Jagan took charge.
- Jagan Increases Rythu Bharosa Amount in the Last Minute
- Indian-American Abhijit Banerjee Selected for Nobel Prize
- India slowed considerably from go-go-years before financial crisis: Raghuram Rajan
- Jagan discussed conditions on Ghanta with Chiru!
- BJP not yet projected any chief ministerial face for upcoming Assembly polls in Delhi
- Congress Leader Rahul Gandhi campaigns for the party in Haryana today
- Investigations going on in sensational Jolly Joseph serial murders case
- North East Monsoon likely be begin in Tamilnadu from October 17
- PM Modi dared Rahul Gandhi on abrogation of Article 370
- BJP may face tough time in Thanesar seat as Ex- INLD chief joined Congress
- Mobile Phone services to be restored from October 14 at Kashmir
- Will TSRTC Bus services be restored by October 21?
- PM Modi took to Twitter to answer what he was carrying while plogging at Mamallapuram beach
- Bangladesh and Nepal are estimated to grow faster than India in 2019: WB
- PM Modi's translator for Chinese President was 2007 batch IFS from Chennai