Chief Minister N. Chandrababu Naidu recently held a review meeting on Polavaram
project works and Capital infrastructure works which did not go down well with
the Election Commission. When realizing this based on the complaint by YSR
Congress leaders, Election Commission sent orders to the state government that
it cannot hold meetings.
Furthermore the reason given by the Election Commission is that the Model Code of Conduct still stands in the state and hence, such meetings have to be restricted until May 23rd, the results day. Hence following this order by the EC, government officials and IAS officers are apparently confused and on one side, the schemes and orders passed before the Model Code came into effect has become difficult to implement. Moreover officials' apathy giving model code as a reason has also created a lot of pending issues and grievances too are not being attended to.
Apparently IAS officers are confused whether they should attend the CM's meeting keeping model code in mind or the fact that the Chief Minister would be angry with them. It looks like the Election Commission's order has brought everything to a grinding halt.
BJP made scrapping of Article 370 its main talking point in assembly elections in Haryana & Maharashtra Sources from Pune stated that Prime Minister Narendra Modi, who was addressing a rally in poll bound Maharashtra's Pune district on Thursday, made a surprising gesture to his audience while speaking on his government's recent decision to scrap Article 370, which granted special status to Jammu and Kashmir. Meanwhile as the crowd cheered for him, he halted his speech, stepped aside from the dais and bowed before the public twice.
- PMC Bank came under RBI scanner
- Kerala Cops searches Jolly's friend seen in many photos
- Northeast Monsoon intensified in Tamilnadu
- Will AP Secretaries stop Fake News?
- Telangana's new Liquor Policy received 41,000 applications
- Will TRS predicts Huzurnagar Bye Election Result?
- AIADMK announced candidates for Assembly by-polls
- Nirav Modi remanded to Prison until November 11
- Kamala Harris asked Twitter to suspend Trump's account for attacking lawmakers
- Rajnath Singh hit back at Congress against human rights violations
- African Mona Lisa painting fetched pre-auction estimate of £1.1 million
- Investors can find no better place in the world than India: Nirmala Sitharaman
- TN Govt directed all blood banks in Tamilnadu to use Blood Donation feature on Facebook
- Exide industries launches e-vehicle in name of Exide Neo
- Jio alleged Airtel, Vodafone Idea & BSNL fraudulently masquerading against violation of IUC Regulations