Mumbai sources stated that in an election season jolt to the Congress, its spokesperson Priyanka V. Chaturvedi formally joined the Shiv Sena in the presence of party chief Uddhav Thackeray here on Friday. Meanwhile Thackeray welcomed her at a hurriedly convened media conference and said he was "happy that she had decided to join the Shiv Sena". His son Aditya Thackeray presented her a bouquet and tied her thread symbolizing 'Shiv Bandhan' with several senior party leaders in attendance.
Furthermore soon afterwards, Chaturvedi, 39, launched a scathing attack on the Congress, accusing it of not supporting her in the episode of unruly behavior by some Congress activists. She said "She have served the party (Congress) for 10 years in a selfless manner without asking for anything in return. But the party chose to ignore her complaints though the matter was taken up at the topmost level”.
Moreover Chaturvedi said she had expressed her "pain" to the Congress leadership about the reinstatement of colleagues who misbehaved with her. Even though Chaturvedi admitted she was a bit disappointed at being overlooked for the Mathura Lok Sabha seat candidature, she insisted that the primary reason for quitting the Congress was the inaction against some activists who had misbehaved with her in the past.
Air India says issues regarding aviation fuel payments would be resolved early Reportedly Air India said that the issues regarding aviation fuel payments are being sorted out with the state run oil companies and they would be resolved early. Meanwhile the statement comes days after oil PSUs (public sector units) in a letter to the national carrier warned of ending fuel supplies at six major airports from October 18, if the latter did not make the lump sum payments as had been agreed upon.
- Chiranjeevi and Jagan's Bonhomie Surprises Everyone
- Jagan Increases Rythu Bharosa Amount in the Last Minute
- Indian-American Abhijit Banerjee Selected for Nobel Prize
- India slowed considerably from go-go-years before financial crisis: Raghuram Rajan
- Jagan discussed conditions on Ghanta with Chiru!
- BJP not yet projected any chief ministerial face for upcoming Assembly polls in Delhi
- Congress Leader Rahul Gandhi campaigns for the party in Haryana today
- Investigations going on in sensational Jolly Joseph serial murders case
- North East Monsoon likely be begin in Tamilnadu from October 17
- PM Modi dared Rahul Gandhi on abrogation of Article 370
- BJP may face tough time in Thanesar seat as Ex- INLD chief joined Congress
- Mobile Phone services to be restored from October 14 at Kashmir
- Will TSRTC Bus services be restored by October 21?
- PM Modi took to Twitter to answer what he was carrying while plogging at Mamallapuram beach
- Bangladesh and Nepal are estimated to grow faster than India in 2019: WB