Chennai sources stated that Amma Makkal Munnetra Kazhagam leader TTV Dhinakaran was unanimously elected as its general secretary on Friday, even as a decision was taken to have it registered as a political party. Meanwhile the move comes just a day after Lok Sabha and by-elections to 18 assembly seats concluded in Tamilnadu and days after the Supreme Court had rebuked the group led by former AIADMK leaders Dhinakaran and V K Sasikala for not registering AMMK as a political party.
Furthermore at a meeting held at the AMMK headquarters in Chennai, it was decided that VK Sasikala, currently the general secretary, would be elevated as president after her four year imprisonment in a disproportionate assets case ends. AMMK spokesperson C R Saraswati told news agency "TTV Dhinakaran has been unanimously elected as AMMK''s general secretary. Also, as informed to the Supreme Court by our advocate, a decision to take steps to register AMMK as a political party was also taken today”.
She added "The post of president would be allotted to our leader V K Sasikala soon after she is released”. Apparently TTV Dhinakaran had launched the Amma Makkal Munnetra Kazhagam (AMMK) after he and VK Sasikala were expelled from the E Palaniswami-led AIADMK.
Bye-polls held in Tamilnadu Assembly Constituencies Accordingly voting in the bye-elections for four Tamilnadu Assembly constituencies Aravakuruchi, Sulur, Thiruparankundram and Ottapidaram began on Sunday morning. Meanwhile the re-polling also began in the 13 booths in Erode, Dharmapuri, Tiruvallur and Cuddalore Lok Sabha constituencies. Furthermore
- AP BJP Political Advisor survey favors YSRCP
- Exit Polls Indicating Ravali Jagan, Kavali Jagan Mood in AP
- Leader of 1.4 Billion resumes for Meditation in Kedarnath caves
- Cracks within the Election Commission seem to be clarified
- First EXIT Poll report : Youth (18-30) voters hit YSRCP severely!
- Not local faction, Elephants are the culprits in Chhattisgarhs Elections
- The chain reaction of Pulwama Attack sees their supporters being jailed!
- Amazon intensifies its competition with Uber Eats
- Pawan Kalyan Performed Homam for His Victory
- Wondering who is this doppelganger of Yogi Adityanath?
- Kamal Hassan says History shown all religions have their extremists
- Why YSRCP & TRS held a meeting following invitation from Congress?
- Lagadapati Survey Just For Making Money in Betting?
- Lagadapati First Quote: Pavan steps into Assembly
- TDP Planning Violence in 17 Constituencies on Counting Day