Chennai sources stated that Amma Makkal Munnetra Kazhagam leader TTV Dhinakaran was unanimously elected as its general secretary on Friday, even as a decision was taken to have it registered as a political party. Meanwhile the move comes just a day after Lok Sabha and by-elections to 18 assembly seats concluded in Tamilnadu and days after the Supreme Court had rebuked the group led by former AIADMK leaders Dhinakaran and V K Sasikala for not registering AMMK as a political party.
Furthermore at a meeting held at the AMMK headquarters in Chennai, it was decided that VK Sasikala, currently the general secretary, would be elevated as president after her four year imprisonment in a disproportionate assets case ends. AMMK spokesperson C R Saraswati told news agency "TTV Dhinakaran has been unanimously elected as AMMK''s general secretary. Also, as informed to the Supreme Court by our advocate, a decision to take steps to register AMMK as a political party was also taken today”.
She added "The post of president would be allotted to our leader V K Sasikala soon after she is released”. Apparently TTV Dhinakaran had launched the Amma Makkal Munnetra Kazhagam (AMMK) after he and VK Sasikala were expelled from the E Palaniswami-led AIADMK.
Rajnath Singh hit back at Congress against human rights violations Reportedly after launching an offensive against the Congress, Union Defense Minister Rajnath Singh on Thursday accused it of internationalizing the Kashmir issue and reiterated that it is an internal matter. When addressing a poll rally ahead of assembly elections on October 21, the BJP leader brought up a meeting between Labour Party leader Jeremy Corbyn with representatives
- African Mona Lisa painting fetched pre-auction estimate of £1.1 million
- Investors can find no better place in the world than India: Nirmala Sitharaman
- TN Govt directed all blood banks in Tamilnadu to use Blood Donation feature on Facebook
- Exide industries launches e-vehicle in name of Exide Neo
- Jio alleged Airtel, Vodafone Idea & BSNL fraudulently masquerading against violation of IUC Regulations
- NorthEast Monsoon finally arrived South India
- Why Sourav Ganguly met Amit Shah a day before emerging as BCCI president?
- Will BJPs Abhe Singh Yadav retain constituency in Haryana Assembly Elections?
- CM KCR been cornered to the core in RTC strike issue
- Karti Chidambaram maintained he will appeal in right manner after whatever court says
- Watch this Video of Kerala Man caught in grip of Python, being saved
- NTA handed credentials of 19 students suspected of hiring impersonators in NEET Impersonation scam
- Sunni Waqf board seeks withdrawal of title dispute on last day of SC hearing
- UP cancels leaves of field officers in view of SC verdict on Ayodhya
- SC likely to pronounce the verdict between November 04 to 17