New York sources stated that Hitesh Madhubhai Patel, 42, who operated the HGlobal call centre in Ahmedabad, was extradited to face trial on charges relating to the scam that allegedly ripped off thousands of Americans of millions of dollars using people in call centres impersonating US government officials. Meanwhile Patel was arrested and produced on Friday in a federal court in Houston, Texas, where Magistrate Judge Peter Bray remanded him to custody.
Benczkowski said "This extradition once again demonstrates the (Justice) Department's unwavering commitment to disrupt and dismantle the India-based call centre scam industry and to work with our foreign partners to hold accountable those who perpetrate schemes that defraud our citizens". Furthermore he added that "Patel operated a call centre that allegedly preyed upon vulnerable U.S. citizens as part of a massive fraud scheme".
David Green, the Special Agent in charge of the DHS Houston Field Office said "This historic extradition should serve as notice to transnational criminal organizations of the lengths DHS (Department of Homeland Security) is willing to go to arrest those who would enrich themselves by extorting the most vulnerable in our society”. Moreover he warned of global action against the owners, managers and employees of overseas call centres, saying "Our pursuit of justice for victims of their scams does not stop at the water's edge."
IRCTC IPO subscribed nearly 112 times on back of strong demand across investor categories Reportedly the subscribers to the initial public offering (IPO) of the Indian Railway Catering and Tourism Corporation (IRCTC) are now eagerly waiting for the allotment of shares, which was concluded yesterday, as market experts predict a bumper listing for the PSU (public sector unit) stock. Meanwhile the IRCTC IPO had closed on October 3 and was subscribed nearly 112 times on the back of strong demand across investor categories.
- Quality of Air in Delhi is very poor
- Mobile Phones rings in Kashmir Valley after 68 days
- 10,000 HAL workers begins their Indefinite Strike
- 4 National Level Hockey Players died in car crash in MP
- PM Modi has 30 Million followers on Instagram
- When will TSRTC strike come to an end?
- India gets started on a rail link between Raxaul in Bihar to the Nepalese capital
- Air India says issues regarding aviation fuel payments would be resolved early
- Chiranjeevi and Jagan's Bonhomie Surprises Everyone
- Jagan Increases Rythu Bharosa Amount in the Last Minute
- Indian-American Abhijit Banerjee Selected for Nobel Prize
- India slowed considerably from go-go-years before financial crisis: Raghuram Rajan
- Jagan discussed conditions on Ghanta with Chiru!
- BJP not yet projected any chief ministerial face for upcoming Assembly polls in Delhi
- Congress Leader Rahul Gandhi campaigns for the party in Haryana today