Reportedly Bengaluru comes to a standstill every time there is light to moderate rainfall and the civic body, Bruhat Bengaluru Mahanagara Palike, is under fire after several roads across the city were inundated following rainfall earlier this week. Meanwhile with the monsoon approaching, civic officials are under pressure to manage the situation better this time around. In order to ensure that the BBMP is not caught unawares, the Karnataka State Natural Disaster Monitoring Centre (KSNDMC) has set up rain gauges at 10 locations in the city.
Furthermore this is meant to provide the BBMP information about rainfall once every 15 minutes so the officials can take precautions. Apparently the Kadugodi underpass, which was inaugurated two weeks ago, flooded after Thursday’s rainfall and the water logging did not subside until Sunday morning. Moreover severe water logging occurred along Old Madras Road, Outer Ring Road and several parts of Bommanahalli, Rajarajeshwari Nagar and northern parts of the city.
Accordingly BBMP Commissioner Manjunath Prasad said that pothole filling work will be carried out in a speedy manner to equip the roads to deal with rainwater. He added “We want to avoid pothole-related deaths this time”. Moreover the BBMP has been given a list of 180 vulnerable areas in the city which are prone to flooding. “The plans to avoid human casualties are being prepared and will be ready within a week’s time.
South Central Railways runs Special trains for Hyderabad & Kakinada Hyderabad sources made a statement that In order to clear extra rush of passengers during summer season, South Central Railways (SCR) would run two summer special trains between Hyderabad–Kakinada Town – Hyderabad.
- Will TV9 CEO be granted anticipatory bail?
- TRAI could come out with a separate consultation paper on video OTTs
- Will Sumalatha overtake Kumaraswamy's Son in Karnataka Exit Polls?
- Another person attacks Pawan Kalyan
- Modi is definitely not Vajpayee
- What Arvind Kejriwal spoke to Akhilesh Yadav over telephonic conversation?
- Stalin keen on cabinet berths for DMK & not following principles: AIADMK
- Actress Elle Fanning faints at Cannes and shocks fans around!
- You can work as a Social Media Manager and your salary is 26 Lakhs!
- Ahmedabad man covers his car with COW DUNG to keep it cool...
- TDP Will Split in To Two Parts After the Results
- Nizamabad witnessed highest temperature in Telangana at 44.4 degree Celsius
- Pawan Kalyan's Three Days Camp in Vijayawada for the Counting Day
- What did JD Lakshmi Narayana say about Exit Polls?
- Chandrababu Friends Reaching Out to Jagan