Hyderabad sources reported that two persons, including a five-year-old, were killed and three others injured as gusty winds and unseasonal rains wreaked havoc here on Monday night. Officials said, "One person was killed and three others injured when a floodlight tower at L. B. Stadium in the heart of Hyderabad collapsed on to the road due to strong winds". Meanwhile, a Goods and Services Tax (GST) employee, identified as Subrahmanyam, was killed as one of the four floodlight towers collapsed in front of Ayakar Bhavan and the injured were shifted to a hospital.
Reportedly four cars were also crushed under the tower, which brought the traffic in the busy area to a halt. Apparently, State Minister T. Srinivas Yadav, Greater Hyderabad Municipal Corporation (GHMC) Commissioner Dana Kishore and other senior officials visited the stadium. Apparently the five-year-old was killed when a shed collapsed in Chaderghat area near Musi River. Moreover, gusty winds, with speeds reaching 78 km per hour, lashed the city and its outskirts, uprooting trees and electricity poles, throwing the traffic out of gear.
Further, the GHMC Commissioner said four teams of National Disaster Response Force (NDRF) were asked to remain on standby for undertaking rescue and relief operations. Perhaps thunderstorms brought normal life to a halt in several parts of the city. Meanwhile, some areas plunged into darkness as the electricity supply was snapped. Reports from Meteorological Centre stated parts of Telangana received unseasonal rains accompanied by gusty winds.
Do you know why AP people chose Jagan as their CM? Accordingly People reposed their confidence in YS Jagan Mohan Reddy and the YSR Congress Party chief for a host of important reasons and crowned its president as the next chief minister of Andhra Pradesh. Meanwhile among the important factors which help YS Jagan ascend the throne with unprecedented support from all sections of society.
- Telangana celebrities greeted YS Jagan
- Arnab's Sunny Leone goofup!
- Congress leader passes away!
- Shashi Tharoor's century in a lost match!
- Rahul Gandhi congratulates Smriti Irani!
- Did Rahul & Mamata learn from LS Polls?
- Sabarimala issue against Pinarayi, Plus for Rahul Gandhi
- Baahubali victory for AP because of Jagan
- Chandrababu Naidu resigned his CM post
- Why MK Stalin proposed Rahul Gandhi as Prime Ministerial candidate?
- Postal Ballots hiked in AP this LS Polls
- YS Jagan been welcomed at Tadepally after his victory
- YS Jagan battled against all odds in most adverse circumstances
- Jagan Takes A Stunning Decision on Swearing-In Ceremony Venue
- Balayya as Okka Magadu in Ananthapur district!