Washington sources reported that President Donald Trump deleted a tweet Monday in which he had mistakenly said he had spoken by phone with Sri Lanka's president instead of the country's prime minister in the wake of the Easter Sunday explosions that killed 290 people and wounded more than 500. Further, the deleted tweet marks the second time Trump has tweeted erroneous information related to the Sri Lanka attacks. Meanwhile in a now deleted Sunday morning tweet, he grossly overstated the death toll as "at least 138 million people."
He spoke to President Maithripala Sirisena of Sri Lanka yesterday to inform him that the United States stands by him and his country in the fight against terrorism," Trump said in the deleted tweet. "Also expressed condolences on behalf of myself and the People of the United States." Furthermore, he later posted a corrected tweet stating that he "spoke to Prime Minister Ranil Wickremesinghe of Sri Lanka this morning."
Moreover last year, Sirisena had sought to oust Wickremesinghe and replace him with former president Mahinda Rajapaksa, sparking a political crisis. Accordingly a majority of lawmakers rejected the power grab, and Wickremesinghe refused to vacate his office, even as Rajapaksa selected cabinet ministers and began conducting official business.
Moreover, Sirisena then attempted to dissolve Parliament, a move the country's Supreme Court ruled was unconstitutional and a court also restrained Rajapaksa and his cabinet from functioning. Recently after a stalemate that stretched on for seven weeks, Wickremesinghe prevailed and was once again sworn in as prime minister by Sirisena in December.
Sri Reddy starts her attack on Pawan Kalyan Reportedly Power star Pawan Kalyan who has a huge fan base across the globe is lately hitting the headlines for various reasons. Meanwhile over the past few days, we have been hearing reports that Pawan Kalyan would come back into the movies. Furthermore as his political career is at stake after the election results in Andhra Pradesh, it is left to see whether he will bounce back into movies
- Why AP people rejected Chandrababu Naidu?
- 78 Women who made to the 17th Lok Sabha Election
- Logo problem rises in TV9 case
- KTR congratulated Modi for being elected as PM second time
- God Punished Chandrababu Naidu for Troubling Jagan?
- Mangalagiri People Hated Nara Lokesh
- BJP & Congress lost in AP Elections as YSRCP made complete sweep
- Jagan To Take KCR's Route, Delay Cabinet?
- Foreign carrier looking at hiring 300-400 Jet Airways pilots
- Jagan To Personally Invite KCR and Modi to his Swearing-in Ceremony
- Wife beats husband for spying with detectives!
- Why Mega Heros failed again and again in their Home Turf?
- Gold retrieved from robber brothers!
- 5-year-old crosses Marina!
- How MK Stalin won and emerged out of his own this LS Polls?