Reportedly Bengaluru generates about 4,200 metric tonnes of garbage every day and the city’s civic body the BBMP, is grappling with the problem of excess waste piling up in landfills. Apparently Time and again, the BBMP has failed to perform one duty to ensure that the waste collected from residential areas is segregated into wet and dry waste.
Meanwhile, since there is no viable way to ensure that recalcitrant residents segregate the waste, the Karnataka State Pollution Control Board (KSPCB) is proposing the idea of compulsory composting of wet waste in all homes. Furthermore, the KSPCB in its proposal to the Urban Development department has stated that by bringing in amendments to the Karnataka Municipal Act, the BBMP will be able to ensure that each household in the city composts its own wet waste. Apparently, KSPCB has proposed that households compost the wet waste individually or have localized collection points where the wet waste can be turned into compost and then sold for agricultural purposes.
Moreover, KSPCB has suggested that the civic body issue occupancy certificates to new residents, only if they have the provision for on-site composting. Further the proposal, however, is pending approval. “After the election code of conduct is lifted, the decision will be made".
Will Sumalatha overtake Kumaraswamy's Son in Karnataka Exit Polls? Reportedly the constituency wise exit poll conducted by TV9-News9-CVoter has predicted several big losses for the Congress-JD(S) combine, especially in the most controversial constituencies including Mandya, Kalaburgi and the three segments in Bengaluru city. Meanwhile the polls predicted that of the 28 total seats in Karnataka, BJP would win 18 seats, the Congress 7 seats
- Another person attacks Pawan Kalyan
- Modi is definitely not Vajpayee
- What Arvind Kejriwal spoke to Akhilesh Yadav over telephonic conversation?
- Stalin keen on cabinet berths for DMK & not following principles: AIADMK
- Actress Elle Fanning faints at Cannes and shocks fans around!
- You can work as a Social Media Manager and your salary is 26 Lakhs!
- Ahmedabad man covers his car with COW DUNG to keep it cool...
- TDP Will Split in To Two Parts After the Results
- Nizamabad witnessed highest temperature in Telangana at 44.4 degree Celsius
- Pawan Kalyan's Three Days Camp in Vijayawada for the Counting Day
- What did JD Lakshmi Narayana say about Exit Polls?
- Chandrababu Friends Reaching Out to Jagan
- TDP Minister Himself Does Not Believe Lagadapati Survey
- Did Sonia Gandhi invited leaders of United Progressive Alliance in Delhi?
- What do astrologers & numerologists says about election results?