Reportedly Bengaluru generates about 4,200 metric tonnes of garbage every day and the city’s civic body the BBMP, is grappling with the problem of excess waste piling up in landfills. Apparently Time and again, the BBMP has failed to perform one duty to ensure that the waste collected from residential areas is segregated into wet and dry waste.
Meanwhile, since there is no viable way to ensure that recalcitrant residents segregate the waste, the Karnataka State Pollution Control Board (KSPCB) is proposing the idea of compulsory composting of wet waste in all homes. Furthermore, the KSPCB in its proposal to the Urban Development department has stated that by bringing in amendments to the Karnataka Municipal Act, the BBMP will be able to ensure that each household in the city composts its own wet waste. Apparently, KSPCB has proposed that households compost the wet waste individually or have localized collection points where the wet waste can be turned into compost and then sold for agricultural purposes.
Moreover, KSPCB has suggested that the civic body issue occupancy certificates to new residents, only if they have the provision for on-site composting. Further the proposal, however, is pending approval. “After the election code of conduct is lifted, the decision will be made".
PMC bank scam claims another life in Maharashtra Ever since PMC bank scam unearthed there has been utter confusion and stress among the bank customers, fear of losing money has left many account holders distressed and despaired. PMC (Punjab and Maharashtra co-operative bank) scam claimed one more life in Maharashtra, this is the fifth death reported so far relating to bank scam, a septuagenarian woman reportedly because of vast amount of money was parked in the bank by her daughter and son-in-law. Bharathi Sadarangani died of cardi
- Donald Trump humiliated NASA astronauts at ISS for being "first ever female spacewalkers"
- Did Kiran Bedi attempt to give away part of Puducherry to AP?
- IRCTC pays compensation for late running of Tejas Express
- Exit polls predicted comfortable win for BJP in Maharashtra & Haryana
- After unprovoked firing, Indian army kills many terrorists in PoK
- Temporary Crèches set up in Maharashtra booths to help women voters
- Will Siddaramaiah vacate Cauvery Bungalow for Yeddyurappa to reside?
- Red Alert warning given in Kerala, Schools, Colleges remain shut on Tuesday
- Jio Launches All in One plans Bonanza for Diwali
- PM Modi feels Tamil languages as Exceptional & World's oldest language
- Tamilnadu shuts schools in 3 Districts on account of Heavy Rain
- KTR seeks Rs.3418 Crore for building Pharma City in Hyderabad
- PM Modi met a young innovator Amol Yadav, a pilot by profession of small aircrafts in India
- Revanth repeats Lagadapati drama!
- TDP To Lose Deposit in Huzoornagar