According to sources a mother and daughter set themselves on fire allegedly after a bank threatened to impound their house in kerala’s Thiruvananthapuram district. Meanwhile, the 19-year-old daughter Vyshnavi died during the incident and her mother, Latha, has been admitted to Thiruvananthapuram Medical College Hospital in serious condition with major burn injuries. Reportedly the incident occurred on Tuesday around 3 pm at their house in Neyyattinkara.
Furthermore, Chandran, father of the deceased woman, alleged that bank officials were threatening that the property would be impounded on Tuesday. Meanwhile, he claims that the threat drove Latha and Vyshnavi to attempt to take their own lives. Hence officials of the Marayamuttom Police Station said a case has been registered under the Code of Criminal Procedure Section 174 (Police to inquire and report on suicide).
Reports added the family had taken a loan of Rs 5 lakh from Canara Bank’s branch in Neyyanthikara as housing loan. Perhaps over the past few years, the family has not been able to repay the loan because of financial difficulties and they allegedly owed the bank Rs 6.8 lakh. Moreover, kerala Finance Minister Thomas Issac said that the incident showed the insensitive attitude of banks. He told “This is an unfortunate incident. The bank should have intervened with sensitivity. We will raise the issue in the state-level bankers' committee. Though there are limitations for the government to intervene directly in the bank’s workings, we will act on the issue and will make the bank offer compensation to the family".
Tollywood Producer Bandla Ganesh Arrested It is known to our readers that a few days ago, Producer Prasad V Potluri filed a case against Tollywood actor turned producer Bandla Ganesh. As per the complaint, Bandla Ganesh took a loan of 34 Crore during the making of Jr NTR's Temper and defaulted on an amount of 7 Crore. Bandla has been avoiding PVP since the movie release five years ago.
- Chandrababu Desperately Wooing BJP High Command?
- Nayanthara is Brand Ambassador for Katrina Kaif Beauty Line for South
- Sand Shortage Continues To Haunt Jagan Government
- Bombay HC cancels government order on phone tapping
- TN Govt announces new announcement for 10,11 & 12 Board Exams
- This Man displayed 'AP CM Jagan', as permanent iron plates in his car number plates
- Canadian prime ministry was saved by Indo-Canadian Sikh man
- Cash, drugs & freebies in Assembly polls in Maharashtra and Haryana in huge jump
- Devendra Fadnavis seeking a second term as CM of Maharashtra
- Hafiz Saeed settles dispute sitting inside the jail
- PM Modi meets Nobel Laureate at his residence
- Dharmadi Satyam team retrieved Royal Vasishta tourist boat, which sank in Godavari River
- BJP and Shiv Sena are set to retain power in Maharashtra
- Hyderabad Metro Rail overloaded due to TSRTC strike
- Karnataka received excessive rainfall this year