Reportedly hours after the CFO of Jet Airways resigned from the company, Chief Executive Officer Vinay Dube too has resigned from the company with immediate effect. Meanwhile, according to filings with stock exchanges, Dube has resigned from the services of the company due to personal reasons. Furthermore, this is the third major exit from the company after CFO and deputy CEO Amit Agarwal resigned with effect from May 13, 2019, due to personal reasons.
Reportedly a few days prior to this, another top executive, Gaurang Shetty, considered close to founder Naresh Goyal, resigned from the board of directors. Meanwhile cash-strapped airlines Jet Airways suspended operations on April 17 after lenders failed to infuse emergency funds to keep the airline afloat. Apparently with salaries pending for months, hundreds of employees, including pilots and ground staff, left the company to join other airlines.
Moreover after lenders took over the company, search for new investors has been on. Jet Airways owes lenders, led by SBI, over Rs 8,400 crore. Hence Private equity firm TPG Capital, Indigo Partners, National Investment and Infrastructure Fund (NIIF) and Etihad Airways had been shortlisted to submit their bids after they gave their EoIs. Recently Etihad put in its offer with several conditions. Further apart from offering to infuse only Rs 1,700 crore, Etihad wants lenders to find another majority buyer and has also asked the banks for a one-time settlement with operational creditors.
PMC bank scam claims another life in Maharashtra Ever since PMC bank scam unearthed there has been utter confusion and stress among the bank customers, fear of losing money has left many account holders distressed and despaired. PMC (Punjab and Maharashtra co-operative bank) scam claimed one more life in Maharashtra, this is the fifth death reported so far relating to bank scam, a septuagenarian woman reportedly because of vast amount of money was parked in the bank by her daughter and son-in-law. Bharathi Sadarangani died of cardi
- Donald Trump humiliated NASA astronauts at ISS for being "first ever female spacewalkers"
- Did Kiran Bedi attempt to give away part of Puducherry to AP?
- IRCTC pays compensation for late running of Tejas Express
- Exit polls predicted comfortable win for BJP in Maharashtra & Haryana
- After unprovoked firing, Indian army kills many terrorists in PoK
- Temporary Crèches set up in Maharashtra booths to help women voters
- Will Siddaramaiah vacate Cauvery Bungalow for Yeddyurappa to reside?
- Red Alert warning given in Kerala, Schools, Colleges remain shut on Tuesday
- Jio Launches All in One plans Bonanza for Diwali
- PM Modi feels Tamil languages as Exceptional & World's oldest language
- Tamilnadu shuts schools in 3 Districts on account of Heavy Rain
- KTR seeks Rs.3418 Crore for building Pharma City in Hyderabad
- PM Modi met a young innovator Amol Yadav, a pilot by profession of small aircrafts in India
- Revanth repeats Lagadapati drama!
- TDP To Lose Deposit in Huzoornagar