According to sources, the Bangalore Metro Rail Corporation Limited (BMRCL) and Bangalore Metropolitan Transport Corporation will soon introduce an interoperable smart card that would work for both modes of public transport. Presently the smart card ensures users do not have to wait in the queues while using the metro. Reportedly the new cards will work both at the metro automatic fare collection gates and also the handheld ticketing machines used by BMTC conductors.
Furthermore after studying the usage patterns of both BMTC and BMRCL, it has been decided that the pilot project will be carried out in Bayappanahalli and Kempegowda (Majestic) metro stations. Speaking to TNM, BMRCL Managing Director ajay Seth said that the pilot project will start in October first week. CurrentlyBMRCL is working on making the pilot project operational in four months. “But implementing the full system will take time,” said Seth, adding, “We are taking more time as we will be using ticket collection gates, which Bharat Electronics Limited (BEL) along with Centre For Development Of Advanced Computing (C-DAC) has developed indigenously.”
He added “We have requested BEL and C-DAC to develop a prototype for us. If the ticket collection gates are made in india, then the costs will go down significantly. Currently, all ticket collection gates across the country are imported".
Will TV9 CEO be granted anticipatory bail? Accordingly senior journalist and former Chief Executive Officer (CEO) of TV9, Ravi Prakash, on Monday applied for anticipatory bail with the Telangana High Court, challenging FIRs that were filed against him by the police in Hyderabad. Meanwhile the police had also issued lookout notices against him and
- TRAI could come out with a separate consultation paper on video OTTs
- Will Sumalatha overtake Kumaraswamy's Son in Karnataka Exit Polls?
- Another person attacks Pawan Kalyan
- Modi is definitely not Vajpayee
- What Arvind Kejriwal spoke to Akhilesh Yadav over telephonic conversation?
- Stalin keen on cabinet berths for DMK & not following principles: AIADMK
- Actress Elle Fanning faints at Cannes and shocks fans around!
- You can work as a Social Media Manager and your salary is 26 Lakhs!
- Ahmedabad man covers his car with COW DUNG to keep it cool...
- TDP Will Split in To Two Parts After the Results
- Nizamabad witnessed highest temperature in Telangana at 44.4 degree Celsius
- Pawan Kalyan's Three Days Camp in Vijayawada for the Counting Day
- What did JD Lakshmi Narayana say about Exit Polls?
- Chandrababu Friends Reaching Out to Jagan
- TDP Minister Himself Does Not Believe Lagadapati Survey