Washington sources reported that US President Donald Trump has proposed a sweeping change to the immigration system to make it "merit based" favoring professionals and well-educated people who will be high earners. Meanwhile when unveiling his plan at the White House on Thursday, he said the current immigration system discriminates against "genius" and "brilliance" and that he wanted to correct this with a new system he called "Build America Visa" that favors those with demonstrated potential.
Furthermore the plan is modeled on the immigration systems of canada, australia and new zealand, which prioritize admission based on points awarded for various qualifications. When making his case for the merit system, he said that companies were moving offices abroad because the current system prevented them from retaining highly skilled and even "totally brilliant people".
Moreover the emphasis on merit has the potential to help Indian professionals who have to wait for ten years or more to get a green card but only if the national quotas is lifted. Apparently some members of both houses of Congress, including presidential aspirant Senator Kamala Harris, have introduced legislation 'Fairness for High Skilled Immigrants Act' to remove the national quota limits for professionals.
Is it Self Dismiss? Or Self-Goal? TSRTC strike has reached to 11th day. Though Unions send signals on delegations on their demands, TRS Government doesn’t show much interest to resolve the issue. Adding to that, statements of Telangana Ministers were added fuel to fire.
- PM Modi addressed rally at Kurukshetra in support of BJP candidate for Haryana assembly election
- HAL Employees to continue indefinite strike, talks failed
- Chennai will finally get a mayor after a gap of Eight years
- Reliance Jio unveiled an AI based Video Call Assistant (Bot) at India Mobile Congress (IMC) 2019
- Jagan Becoming Headache To KCR
- Heavy rain likely to lash Coastal AP: IMD
- Delhi Pollution Control Committee started night patrolling to prevent dust emission
- Why Pakistan is isolated by all countries in FATF?
- Jagan Proves To Be Rightful Than Chandrababu
- IRCTC IPO subscribed nearly 112 times on back of strong demand across investor categories
- Quality of Air in Delhi is very poor
- Mobile Phones rings in Kashmir Valley after 68 days
- 10,000 HAL workers begins their Indefinite Strike
- 4 National Level Hockey Players died in car crash in MP
- PM Modi has 30 Million followers on Instagram