According to sources the Telangana Prisons Department Director General VK Singh stated that 17 jails out of 49 in the state will soon be closed due to insufficient prisoners. Meanwhile the news comes as a positive thing as we are heading towards promoting rehabilitation and successful re-entry into the community. Furthermore changes are being made to reduce life sentences to nonviolent criminals.
Reportedly VK Singh further said that the closed jails will be used as homes for beggars, orphans, and destitute. Perhaps the Prisons Department is also planning for a separate housing board which will have 2BHK apartments. Furthermore it is said that reformation and rehabilitation programs have been highly beneficial for the reduction of prisoners’ population.
Moreover the Director General added that a bunch of prisoners has been sent to the governor and are being provided with job opportunities post their releases. Apparently 20 new petrol pumps would soon be opened, including one exclusively to operate under transgender people.
Kodi Kathi Accused Bail Extended The National Investigation Agency (NIA) Court extended the bail period of Janupalli Srinivasa Rao till July 12. Srinivasa Rao is the prime accused in the attack-case against Chief Minister YS Jagan Mohan Reddy in Visakhapatnam in October last year. The court did not heed to the NIA's request to cancel his bail.
- Jagan Appoints Sub-Committee to Expose Chandrababu's Corruption
- Telangana Kailash Manasarovar Pilgrims who were stranded airlifted
- Jagan Gets One More Good News for Polavaram from the Center
- New Districts for AP from July
- Nandamuri Balakrishna's relative bid goodbye to TDP, joins BJP
- Praja Vedika Building demolished in Amaravathi
- Seven Crore Public Money Siphoned Off in Praja Vedika?
- Tollway price hiked from July 1 in Bengaluru
- Dollar index decreased 0.24% at 95.9838 in late trading
- Controversy erupted over removal of portrait of Rajinikanth from Bigg Boss Tamil 3 house
- Ms Carroll accused Mr. Trump of sexually assaulting her in 1990s
- Chandrababu Naidu's family members security removed by CM Jagan
- What Malladi Vishnu did as VGTM-UDA Chairman?
- Dayanidhi Maran attacks AIADMK Govt regard to water crisis in Tamilnadu
- Slug blamed for delaying dozens of trains in Japan