Accordingly voting in the bye-elections for four Tamilnadu Assembly constituencies Aravakuruchi, Sulur, Thiruparankundram and Ottapidaram began on Sunday morning. Meanwhile the re-polling also began in the 13 booths in Erode, Dharmapuri, Tiruvallur and Cuddalore Lok Sabha constituencies. Furthermore voters in the four Assembly constituencies will decide the electoral fate of 137 candidates who are in the fray.
Further the main contest will be between the ruling AIADMK, principal opposition party DMK, and an Independent legislator TTV Dhinakaran’s AMMK party. Reportedly actor politician kamal hassan's party Makkal Needhi Maiam’s (MNM) candidates are also contesting. As per report about 16,000 police personnel will be deployed in the four Assembly seats for security purposes. Accordingly 3,614 police personnel have been deployed for security at Thiruparankundram, 3,000 have been posted in Ottapidaram, 2,342 in Aruvakurichi and 3,400 in Sulur.
Moreover on the other hand, the DMK (88 members) has to win all 22 seats to take the tally along with its allies Congress (eight members) and IUML (one member) to 119, just one number over the simple majority.
Kodi Kathi Accused Bail Extended The National Investigation Agency (NIA) Court extended the bail period of Janupalli Srinivasa Rao till July 12. Srinivasa Rao is the prime accused in the attack-case against Chief Minister YS Jagan Mohan Reddy in Visakhapatnam in October last year. The court did not heed to the NIA's request to cancel his bail.
- Jagan Appoints Sub-Committee to Expose Chandrababu's Corruption
- Telangana Kailash Manasarovar Pilgrims who were stranded airlifted
- Jagan Gets One More Good News for Polavaram from the Center
- New Districts for AP from July
- Nandamuri Balakrishna's relative bid goodbye to TDP, joins BJP
- Praja Vedika Building demolished in Amaravathi
- Seven Crore Public Money Siphoned Off in Praja Vedika?
- Tollway price hiked from July 1 in Bengaluru
- Dollar index decreased 0.24% at 95.9838 in late trading
- Controversy erupted over removal of portrait of Rajinikanth from Bigg Boss Tamil 3 house
- Ms Carroll accused Mr. Trump of sexually assaulting her in 1990s
- Chandrababu Naidu's family members security removed by CM Jagan
- What Malladi Vishnu did as VGTM-UDA Chairman?
- Dayanidhi Maran attacks AIADMK Govt regard to water crisis in Tamilnadu
- Slug blamed for delaying dozens of trains in Japan