Reportedly coming to the aid of the transgender community who lives on the margins of society and is forced to seek alms for survival, the Telangana DGP Prisons and Correctional Services Vinoy Kumar Singh has said that the department will hire people from the transgender community to operate at petrol pumps run by the Prisons department. When addressing the media on Friday, the DGP that the pumps would be entirely operated by people from the Trans community, similar to the all-women petrol pump at Chanchalguda.
The DGP said “The transgender community doesn’t seek alms willingly. Since they are denied employment and are looked down upon by the society, they are left with no other option but to seek alms. We are thinking of providing employment to them like how we opened petrol pumps exclusively for women”.
Moreover the Prisons department has plans to open 20 petrol pumps across the state in the next three months. Apparently the department has already entered into an agreement with petroleum companies and is considering taking lands on lease for the purpose. Further the DGP disclosed that they would be providing employment for about 400 prisoners, who will be released soon.
Kodi Kathi Accused Bail Extended The National Investigation Agency (NIA) Court extended the bail period of Janupalli Srinivasa Rao till July 12. Srinivasa Rao is the prime accused in the attack-case against Chief Minister YS Jagan Mohan Reddy in Visakhapatnam in October last year. The court did not heed to the NIA's request to cancel his bail.
- Jagan Appoints Sub-Committee to Expose Chandrababu's Corruption
- Telangana Kailash Manasarovar Pilgrims who were stranded airlifted
- Jagan Gets One More Good News for Polavaram from the Center
- New Districts for AP from July
- Nandamuri Balakrishna's relative bid goodbye to TDP, joins BJP
- Praja Vedika Building demolished in Amaravathi
- Seven Crore Public Money Siphoned Off in Praja Vedika?
- Tollway price hiked from July 1 in Bengaluru
- Dollar index decreased 0.24% at 95.9838 in late trading
- Controversy erupted over removal of portrait of Rajinikanth from Bigg Boss Tamil 3 house
- Ms Carroll accused Mr. Trump of sexually assaulting her in 1990s
- Chandrababu Naidu's family members security removed by CM Jagan
- What Malladi Vishnu did as VGTM-UDA Chairman?
- Dayanidhi Maran attacks AIADMK Govt regard to water crisis in Tamilnadu
- Slug blamed for delaying dozens of trains in Japan