Chennai sources stated that DMK chief M K Stalin on Monday said there was no meeting of the UPA being convened by sonia gandhi on May 23, the day votes in the Lok Sabha elections will be counted. He told reporters "Who said there is an opposition parties meeting on the 23rd. The meeting will be useful only election results". Previously there were reports that sonia gandhi has invited leaders of the constituent of United Progressive Alliance in delhi for planning a strategy to checkmate BJP from staking claim to power if the NDA falls short of majority.
Furthermore some non-UPA party leaders were also said to have been sounded for the meeting, it was reported. Hence this is for the first time that both the AIADMK and the DMK have contested in the absence of their supreme leaders J jayalalitha and M Karunanidhi respectively.
Moreover after Jayalalitha’s death, her aide Sasikala’s nephew has formed a new party named AMMK which saw 18 MLAs of AIADMK moving to AMMK. AMMK would split AIADMK votes and may help the DMK.
Why this BJP MLA beats Officer with bat? Reportedly in what can be termed as gross misuse of power, senior BJP leader Kailash Vijayvargiya's son, who is a legislator in Madhya Pradesh was caught on camera beating with a bat civic body official in Indore on Wednesday. Meanwhile Akash Vijayvargiya represents Indore -3 seat. In the video, the politician can be seen thrashing the official in full public glare where media and police were present.
- Nirmala Seetharaman is among 100 most influential in UK power list
- Union Cabinet approved proposed changes to Motor Vehicles (Amendment) Bill
- Passenger attack made Permit of Kallada Bus suspended for One Year
- Media is playing games with TDP!
- Nara Lokesh says Our resident at Amaravathi isn't illegal
- PM Modi replyied to 'Motion of Thanks on President's Address' in Rajya Sabha
- EC announced July 16 for polling 6 Rajya Sabha MPs from Tamilnadu
- 2026 Winter Olympics Venue is decided as Milan
- Kodi Kathi Accused Bail Extended
- Jagan Appoints Sub-Committee to Expose Chandrababu's Corruption
- Telangana Kailash Manasarovar Pilgrims who were stranded airlifted
- Jagan Gets One More Good News for Polavaram from the Center
- New Districts for AP from July
- Nandamuri Balakrishna's relative bid goodbye to TDP, joins BJP
- Praja Vedika Building demolished in Amaravathi