Accordingly Telecom regulator Trai on Monday said the scope of its consultation process on over the top applications (OTTs) is limited to examine if there are any regulatory imbalances between telecom service providers (TSPs) and OTT players and will see if it can come out with a regulation or recommendation or order on the issue in the next one month.
Telecom Regulatory Authority of india (Trai) Chairman R S Sharma said here while participating in an open house on the issues of OTTs "This paper has limited scope and TSPs have been saying there is a regulatory imbalance because OTTs also provide same or similar services. TSPs are governed by a different set of obligations under their licensing conditions which are; however, not applicable on the OTTs, therefore there is a demand to check this regulatory imbalance".
Sharma added "So, this consultation paper is focused on this aspect as the central issue. The central theme of this paper is concerning the regulatory imbalance between these two set of services which are similar or substitutable. We have received large number of comments and counter-comments and we will come out with our recommendations or regulations or order in a month's time”. Meanwhile state-run BSNL says OTT applications have taken over the data space in a big way and is now directly competing with the basic telecom being offered by TSPs.
India Vs Pakistan World Cup Manchester Pitch Report Accordingly in this world cup, India has won 2 of the 3 matches while Pakistan has only won 1 of their 4 matches and the ball is certainly expected to turn and both teams should field their spinners for this clash. Furthermore also, the playing surface is usually pretty dry and crusty making the ball ample for reverse swing during the later stages of the innings.
- BJP and YSRCP Joint Action Plan to kill TDP in AP!
- New Chairman for AP CRDA appointed
- Jagan is Already Better Than Chandrababu In That Aspect
- Why So Much Drama Chandrababuji?
- PM Modi & Imran Khan exchanged pleasantries at SCO Summit
- Bengaluru Transport Department hikes students bus fare
- Jagan Playing Mind Game with Chandrababu?
- Expectations from Union Budget 2019
- Jagan's Victory Attracted Nation's Attention
- Trump gets embarrassed by tweet!
- Journalist abused and cops urinate on him!
- Priyanka Chopra gets UNICEF award!
- Google CEO Sundar Pichai on World cup final!
- Elephant rescued from Begging & Marriage parades
- Will Chandrababu Naidu ask apology for not fulfilling 2014 Poll promises? Roja