As per report counting of votes for the mammoth election that began last month and ended last week began at 8 am. Meanwhile the seven phase election, in which PM Narendra modi is seeking a second term, saw 8,000 candidates fighting for 542 seats. Furthermore this is for the first time in a Lok Sabha election results that results of voting machines will be matched with VVPATs or slips generated by paper trail machines.
Reportedly the poll of polls, an aggregate of exit polls, gives the BJP led National Democratic Alliance (NDA) 302 of 543 seats and the Congress and its allies 122. Apparently the months and weeks leading up to the election saw an acrimonious campaign and bitter attacks by political rivals. Further the opposition, led by the Congress party and its leader, rahul Gandhi, tried to steer the narrative towards the economy, farmer distress and jobs.
Moreover among the key candidates are PM modi who fought from varanasi and rahul Gandhi, who contested from his stronghold of Amethi and Wayanad in kerala and this is the first time Mr. Gandhi contested in more than one seat. Reports added 67.11% of the 90.99 crore electors had cast their vote in the polls. Perhaps votes will also be counted for the assembly election in four states Andhra Pradesh, Odisha, Arunachal Pradesh and sikkim that were held along with the national polls.
Why this BJP MLA beats Officer with bat? Reportedly in what can be termed as gross misuse of power, senior BJP leader Kailash Vijayvargiya's son, who is a legislator in Madhya Pradesh was caught on camera beating with a bat civic body official in Indore on Wednesday. Meanwhile Akash Vijayvargiya represents Indore -3 seat. In the video, the politician can be seen thrashing the official in full public glare where media and police were present.
- Nirmala Seetharaman is among 100 most influential in UK power list
- Union Cabinet approved proposed changes to Motor Vehicles (Amendment) Bill
- Passenger attack made Permit of Kallada Bus suspended for One Year
- Media is playing games with TDP!
- Nara Lokesh says Our resident at Amaravathi isn't illegal
- PM Modi replyied to 'Motion of Thanks on President's Address' in Rajya Sabha
- EC announced July 16 for polling 6 Rajya Sabha MPs from Tamilnadu
- 2026 Winter Olympics Venue is decided as Milan
- Kodi Kathi Accused Bail Extended
- Jagan Appoints Sub-Committee to Expose Chandrababu's Corruption
- Telangana Kailash Manasarovar Pilgrims who were stranded airlifted
- Jagan Gets One More Good News for Polavaram from the Center
- New Districts for AP from July
- Nandamuri Balakrishna's relative bid goodbye to TDP, joins BJP
- Praja Vedika Building demolished in Amaravathi