Reportedly although there are a few more days for the monsoon to officially set in kerala, the Indian Meteorological Department (IMD) has predicted heavy rains in parts of the state till June 5. Meanwhile the IMD has also declared a yellow alert for some districts from June 3 to 5.
Furthermore as per the IMD's predictions, the southwest monsoon is likely to set in by June 6. Heavy rainfall is predicted over isolated places in Ernakulam on Monday and Tuesday. Accordingly a yellow alert has been issued for the district on these two days and a yellow alert has also been issued for Idukki district on Monday. Apparently isolated heavy rainfall measuring from 64.5 mm is also predicted for Wayanad district on Tuesday and 115.5 mm for Malappuram on Wednesday.
Moreover the kerala State Disaster Management Authority (KSDMA) had also issued a lightning warning for the state. An official release from KSDMA stated “As part of the summer rain that kerala is receiving now, heavy lightning is expected on these days from around 4 pm to 10 pm. This is causing huge damage to life and electric appliances”.
Satya Pal Malik, likely to be appointed as the Lieutenant-General of the Union Territory of J&K Satya Pal Malik, the incumbent governor of the state of Jammu and Kashmir, is likely to be appointed as the Lieutenant-Governor of the Union Territory of Jammu and Kashmir on 31 October. Meanwhile Malik, who has been associated with political parties of all hues, was the first career politician to be appointed to the gubernatorial position of the politically sensitive state in 51 years after Karan Singh whose term had ended in 1967.
- Pakistani pop singer Rabi Pirzada now threatened Narendra Modi with a suicide attack
- 3,00,000 Public Sector Bank Employees strike against Govt plans was fruitful?
- DK Shivakumar granted bail in Money laundering case
- Hyderabadis to celebrate Eco Friendly Diwali this year
- Botsa is known for confusion!
- Tollywood Producer Bandla Ganesh Arrested
- Chandrababu Desperately Wooing BJP High Command?
- Nayanthara is Brand Ambassador for Katrina Kaif Beauty Line for South
- Sand Shortage Continues To Haunt Jagan Government
- Bombay HC cancels government order on phone tapping
- TN Govt announces new announcement for 10,11 & 12 Board Exams
- This Man displayed 'AP CM Jagan', as permanent iron plates in his car number plates
- Canadian prime ministry was saved by Indo-Canadian Sikh man
- Cash, drugs & freebies in Assembly polls in Maharashtra and Haryana in huge jump
- Devendra Fadnavis seeking a second term as CM of Maharashtra