Reportedly in response to the recent accident on airport road flyover in which a car carrying a family of five was hit by an ambulance, the Bengaluru Traffic Police has started a trial run of prohibiting 'slow' vehicles from travelling on the flyovers on this road. Accordingly 'Slow' vehicles include cycles, two-wheelers, autos, and lane discipline will be strictly enforced on the road starting this week. Trucks and lorries will also have to restrict movement towards the left side of the road.
Additional Commissioner of Police (Traffic) P Harishekaran told “Slow moving vehicles travelling at 40 kilometers per hour are obstructing the traffic on this stretch which is why we decided to ban them on a trial basis. We will observe the difficulties on this stretch for a week and then undertake road safety measures accordingly”.
Moreover as per statistics from the city's Traffic Police department, the number of cases of speeding has come down in the last two years from 1,30,868 in 2017 to 90,942 in 2018. Perhaps the pole on which the radar speed gun was displayed has fallen down and the LED screen which displays the speeds of vehicles travelling on the road has gone missing.
Kodi Kathi Accused Bail Extended The National Investigation Agency (NIA) Court extended the bail period of Janupalli Srinivasa Rao till July 12. Srinivasa Rao is the prime accused in the attack-case against Chief Minister YS Jagan Mohan Reddy in Visakhapatnam in October last year. The court did not heed to the NIA's request to cancel his bail.
- Jagan Appoints Sub-Committee to Expose Chandrababu's Corruption
- Telangana Kailash Manasarovar Pilgrims who were stranded airlifted
- Jagan Gets One More Good News for Polavaram from the Center
- New Districts for AP from July
- Nandamuri Balakrishna's relative bid goodbye to TDP, joins BJP
- Praja Vedika Building demolished in Amaravathi
- Seven Crore Public Money Siphoned Off in Praja Vedika?
- Tollway price hiked from July 1 in Bengaluru
- Dollar index decreased 0.24% at 95.9838 in late trading
- Controversy erupted over removal of portrait of Rajinikanth from Bigg Boss Tamil 3 house
- Ms Carroll accused Mr. Trump of sexually assaulting her in 1990s
- Chandrababu Naidu's family members security removed by CM Jagan
- What Malladi Vishnu did as VGTM-UDA Chairman?
- Dayanidhi Maran attacks AIADMK Govt regard to water crisis in Tamilnadu
- Slug blamed for delaying dozens of trains in Japan