Reports stated that after being accused of withdrawing lakhs of rupees deposited under the loan waiver scheme from the accounts of Karnataka farmers, the state government has decided to waive all eligible farm loans in one go. Accordingly Chief Minister HD Kumaraswamy, on Wednesday announced that loans of 2,28,961 farmers amounting to Rs 4,617.31 crore will be released in a single phase across the state.
A spokesperson with the Chief Minister’s Office said “The money was to be released in two phases but that decision has been changed. So far, several farmers have availed of the scheme and we will release the remaining money in one go and is expected to be complete within the next couple of months". Furthermore according to data obtained from the CMO, 2,82,230 farmers are eligible for restructured loan waiver amounting to Rs 2,812 crore; overdue loans amounting to Rs 3,057 crore of 2,76,286 farmers; NPA loans amounting to Rs 965.72 crore of 1,08,136 eligible farmers.
Moreover as many as 9,78,052 farmers across the state were considered eligible under the Crop Loan Waiver Scheme. Perhaps the total cost of the loans was pegged at Rs 8,547 crore of which, Rs 3,930 crore has already been waived, the data suggests. Currently the Department has Rs 1,219.83 crore remaining and requires Rs 3,397.48 crore funds to reimburse all eligible farmers, whose loans have not been waived.
UIDAI to appoint adjudicating Officer to deal in contravention cases New Delhi sources stated that the Unique Identification Authority of India (UIDAI) hopes to select, in the next month and half, an adjudicating officer who will hold inquiry in cases entailing contravention of provisions of Aadhaar Act that will now attract civil penalty, according to a source. Earlier the Parliament this month passed an amendment bill which allows voluntary use of Aadhaar
- Picture of Priyanka Chopra smoking gone viral
- Chandrayaan 2 successfully launched by ISRO
- Did Kerala successfully fought against Nipah Virus?
- Sri Reddy is tech savvy & knows just how to use social media
- Telangana CM KCR reached his native village
- Why no Top Official greeted Pakistani OM Imran Khan at Dulles Airport?
- Visakhapatnam facing crunch of Domestic flights
- Historic Bills in Andhra Pradesh Assembly, Jagan's Masterstroke
- 10 Lakh For Every Family in KCR's Native Village
- Heavy rainfall at isolated places over Tamilnadu & Puducherry for next 72 hours
- WB would extend special $1 billion assistance to AP for its development
- Chandrayaan-2 launched Creating History in Indian Space Research
- Chandrayaan 2 launch Today: ISRO
- Is Yogi Adithyanath ruling UP like a Dictator? Telangana Congress
- July 27 an inaugural special train for Bengaluru-Mysury MEMU Train