New delhi sources stated that A British court on Wednesday extended, till June 27, the judicial custody of Nirav modi, while rejecting his bail plea as it suspected that he could "interfere" with witnesses. Meanwhile the Westminster Magistrates' Court ordered the Metropolitan Police to put him under its custody till the next hearing on June 27.
Reportedly the 48 year old businessman, wanted in india in connection with the multi-crore Punjab National Bank (PNB) fraud case, was arrested from Holborn here on March 19. Since then he has been fighting extradition proceedings and further the court cited alleged efforts to interfere with witness statements and destruction of evidence for extending Nirav modi's judicial custody. Furthermore the businessman and his uncle Mehul Choksi are being investigated by the Enforcement Directorate and the Central Bureau of Investigation after the PNB alleged that they cheated it of Rs 13,500 crore with the involvement of a few bank employees.
Moreover Nirav modi also faces charges under the Fugitive Economic Offenders Act. The ED has filed a charge sheet against Choksi in a Prevention of Money Laundering Act Court in mumbai, where both fled india before the details of the fraud emerged in January 2018 before the scam was unearthed.
Arvind Kejriwal asserted that every Delhi resident been benefited by his government's policies New Delhi sources stated that Delhi chief minister Arvind Kejriwal said that the BJP does not have the "courage" to do Hindu-Muslim politics in Delhi as the AAP has changed the narrative by bringing focus on issues of health and education. When lauding the work done by his government, he claimed even BJP and Congress workers would vote for the Aam Aadmi Party (AAP) in the Delhi Assembly polls next year.
- Permission for early morning show not permitted for Bigil & Kaidhi for Diwali
- Heavy rain continues in Karnataka, killing 13
- Satya Pal Malik, likely to be appointed as the Lieutenant-General of the Union Territory of J&K
- Pakistani pop singer Rabi Pirzada now threatened Narendra Modi with a suicide attack
- 3,00,000 Public Sector Bank Employees strike against Govt plans was fruitful?
- DK Shivakumar granted bail in Money laundering case
- Hyderabadis to celebrate Eco Friendly Diwali this year
- Botsa is known for confusion!
- Tollywood Producer Bandla Ganesh Arrested
- Chandrababu Desperately Wooing BJP High Command?
- Nayanthara is Brand Ambassador for Katrina Kaif Beauty Line for South
- Sand Shortage Continues To Haunt Jagan Government
- Bombay HC cancels government order on phone tapping
- TN Govt announces new announcement for 10,11 & 12 Board Exams
- This Man displayed 'AP CM Jagan', as permanent iron plates in his car number plates