The second day of the assembly session witnessed the election of the speaker Tammineni Seetharam. As no one filed the nomination for speaker post, Seetharam's was elected as speaker unanimously. Chief minister YS jagan Mohan Reddy congratulated Seetharam for being appointed as the speaker.
In his speech, jagan made some very interesting comments. "I was advised to poach a few MLAs from TDP and deny Opposition Status to Chandrababu Naidu. But I did not do that respecting morals and values. If I did that, there will be no difference between me and him," the Chief Minister declared.
I will take only if someone comes to me resigning as MLA," jagan added. The Chief Minister also urged the Speaker to mercilessly disqualify any member if they defected even to his party without resigning. It is amazing that how a novice Chief Minister and comparatively less experienced politician values morals so much while Chandrababu resorted to blatant misuse of power in the previous term. This should put Chandrababu to shame, YSR Congress MLAs say.
Satya Pal Malik, likely to be appointed as the Lieutenant-General of the Union Territory of J&K Satya Pal Malik, the incumbent governor of the state of Jammu and Kashmir, is likely to be appointed as the Lieutenant-Governor of the Union Territory of Jammu and Kashmir on 31 October. Meanwhile Malik, who has been associated with political parties of all hues, was the first career politician to be appointed to the gubernatorial position of the politically sensitive state in 51 years after Karan Singh whose term had ended in 1967.
- Pakistani pop singer Rabi Pirzada now threatened Narendra Modi with a suicide attack
- 3,00,000 Public Sector Bank Employees strike against Govt plans was fruitful?
- DK Shivakumar granted bail in Money laundering case
- Hyderabadis to celebrate Eco Friendly Diwali this year
- Botsa is known for confusion!
- Tollywood Producer Bandla Ganesh Arrested
- Chandrababu Desperately Wooing BJP High Command?
- Nayanthara is Brand Ambassador for Katrina Kaif Beauty Line for South
- Sand Shortage Continues To Haunt Jagan Government
- Bombay HC cancels government order on phone tapping
- TN Govt announces new announcement for 10,11 & 12 Board Exams
- This Man displayed 'AP CM Jagan', as permanent iron plates in his car number plates
- Canadian prime ministry was saved by Indo-Canadian Sikh man
- Cash, drugs & freebies in Assembly polls in Maharashtra and Haryana in huge jump
- Devendra Fadnavis seeking a second term as CM of Maharashtra