In an unprecedented move, Chief Minister YS jagan Mohan Reddy ensured five Deputy Chief ministers – one each from Backward Classes, Scheduled Castes (SCs), Scheduled Tribes (STs), Kapus and Muslim Minorities. He also ensured that a lion’s share of seven berths in the cabinet went to BCs who constitute close to 50% of the state’s population.
After BC, five berths were for SCs, one for STs, four for Kapus and one each for Kshatriyas and Vaisyas. Kamma Community which backs Telugu Desam Party received just one berth in the cabinet. Even in the bureaucracy and nominated posts, the Kamma Community Representation is very less indicating the things to come for the community.
"He sent a message. TDP's time is over. If Kammas have to progress, they have to keep looking beyond TDP. They can only prosper if they start supporting jagan Mohan Reddy's Leadership," a source in the party said. Interestingly, Naidu had four Reddys in his cabinet during 2014-19. Reddy Community is the stronghold of the YSR Congress.
Kodi Kathi Accused Bail Extended The National Investigation Agency (NIA) Court extended the bail period of Janupalli Srinivasa Rao till July 12. Srinivasa Rao is the prime accused in the attack-case against Chief Minister YS Jagan Mohan Reddy in Visakhapatnam in October last year. The court did not heed to the NIA's request to cancel his bail.
- Jagan Appoints Sub-Committee to Expose Chandrababu's Corruption
- Telangana Kailash Manasarovar Pilgrims who were stranded airlifted
- Jagan Gets One More Good News for Polavaram from the Center
- New Districts for AP from July
- Nandamuri Balakrishna's relative bid goodbye to TDP, joins BJP
- Praja Vedika Building demolished in Amaravathi
- Seven Crore Public Money Siphoned Off in Praja Vedika?
- Tollway price hiked from July 1 in Bengaluru
- Dollar index decreased 0.24% at 95.9838 in late trading
- Controversy erupted over removal of portrait of Rajinikanth from Bigg Boss Tamil 3 house
- Ms Carroll accused Mr. Trump of sexually assaulting her in 1990s
- Chandrababu Naidu's family members security removed by CM Jagan
- What Malladi Vishnu did as VGTM-UDA Chairman?
- Dayanidhi Maran attacks AIADMK Govt regard to water crisis in Tamilnadu
- Slug blamed for delaying dozens of trains in Japan