Amaravathi sources stated that Tammineni Sitharam (64) was unanimously elected as the Speaker of the Andhra Pradesh Assembly on Thursday. Meanwhile protem Speaker S Appala Naidu conducted the election procedure. Thirty MLAs of YSR Congress Party proposed Tammineni's name after which he was formally announced as the new speaker. Furthermore after his election, Chief Minister YS jagan formally invited him to the Speaker's Chair and the protem speaker handed over the charge to him as the new Speaker of the AP Assembly.
Reportedly Tammineni Sitharam a BC leader will be the third Speaker from the Srikakulam district to be elected as speaker. Earlier Thangi Satyanarayana and K Pratibha Bharathi were elected as the speakers of the erstwhile Andhra Pradesh Assembly. He is a law graduate by qualification, Tammineni started was a director of a sugar factory in his hometown, before taking the plunge into politics. After winning his second stint in 1985, Sitaram lost the 1989 election. However, he won two back-to-back elections in 1994 and 1999.
Moreover after losing 2004 elections, Sitaram joined the PRP founded by actor chiranjeevi. Apparently he lost again in 2009 and Sitaram then switched over to YSRCP but had to face another defeat in 2014. Perhaps YSRCP chief YS jagan reposed faith in Sitaram inspite of him losing three successive elections and fielded him as party candidate from Amudalavalasa in 2019 elections, which Sitaram won and regained his seat.
Permission for early morning show not permitted for Bigil & Kaidhi for Diwali According to sources film releases during festivals happen with much fanfare in Tamilnadu. Meanwhile the tickets prices are unchecked and the number of shows is increased to cater to the needs of the fans and hence this Deepawali, two big films Vijay's Bigil and Karthi's Kaithi will be hitting the screens on October 25, the Friday before the festival.
- Heavy rain continues in Karnataka, killing 13
- Satya Pal Malik, likely to be appointed as the Lieutenant-General of the Union Territory of J&K
- Pakistani pop singer Rabi Pirzada now threatened Narendra Modi with a suicide attack
- 3,00,000 Public Sector Bank Employees strike against Govt plans was fruitful?
- DK Shivakumar granted bail in Money laundering case
- Hyderabadis to celebrate Eco Friendly Diwali this year
- Botsa is known for confusion!
- Tollywood Producer Bandla Ganesh Arrested
- Chandrababu Desperately Wooing BJP High Command?
- Nayanthara is Brand Ambassador for Katrina Kaif Beauty Line for South
- Sand Shortage Continues To Haunt Jagan Government
- Bombay HC cancels government order on phone tapping
- TN Govt announces new announcement for 10,11 & 12 Board Exams
- This Man displayed 'AP CM Jagan', as permanent iron plates in his car number plates
- Canadian prime ministry was saved by Indo-Canadian Sikh man