Amaravathi sources stated that Tammineni Sitharam (64) was unanimously elected as the Speaker of the Andhra Pradesh Assembly on Thursday. Meanwhile protem Speaker S Appala Naidu conducted the election procedure. Thirty MLAs of YSR Congress Party proposed Tammineni's name after which he was formally announced as the new speaker. Furthermore after his election, Chief Minister YS jagan formally invited him to the Speaker's Chair and the protem speaker handed over the charge to him as the new Speaker of the AP Assembly.
Reportedly Tammineni Sitharam a BC leader will be the third Speaker from the Srikakulam district to be elected as speaker. Earlier Thangi Satyanarayana and K Pratibha Bharathi were elected as the speakers of the erstwhile Andhra Pradesh Assembly. He is a law graduate by qualification, Tammineni started was a director of a sugar factory in his hometown, before taking the plunge into politics. After winning his second stint in 1985, Sitaram lost the 1989 election. However, he won two back-to-back elections in 1994 and 1999.
Moreover after losing 2004 elections, Sitaram joined the PRP founded by actor chiranjeevi. Apparently he lost again in 2009 and Sitaram then switched over to YSRCP but had to face another defeat in 2014. Perhaps YSRCP chief YS jagan reposed faith in Sitaram inspite of him losing three successive elections and fielded him as party candidate from Amudalavalasa in 2019 elections, which Sitaram won and regained his seat.
Jagan Appoints Sub-Committee to Expose Chandrababu's Corruption Andhra Pradesh Chief Minister YS Jagan Mohan Reddy had taken another sensational decision. He announced forming a Cabinet sub-committee to probe into irregularities that had taken place in the Power sector during the TDP regime. The Chief Minister observed that the TDP government had resorted to a massive scam resulting in the loss of Rs 2,636 crore to the exchequer.
- Telangana Kailash Manasarovar Pilgrims who were stranded airlifted
- Jagan Gets One More Good News for Polavaram from the Center
- New Districts for AP from July
- Nandamuri Balakrishna's relative bid goodbye to TDP, joins BJP
- Praja Vedika Building demolished in Amaravathi
- Seven Crore Public Money Siphoned Off in Praja Vedika?
- Tollway price hiked from July 1 in Bengaluru
- Dollar index decreased 0.24% at 95.9838 in late trading
- Controversy erupted over removal of portrait of Rajinikanth from Bigg Boss Tamil 3 house
- Ms Carroll accused Mr. Trump of sexually assaulting her in 1990s
- Chandrababu Naidu's family members security removed by CM Jagan
- What Malladi Vishnu did as VGTM-UDA Chairman?
- Dayanidhi Maran attacks AIADMK Govt regard to water crisis in Tamilnadu
- Slug blamed for delaying dozens of trains in Japan
- CM Jagan expressed outrage over Call Money racket shook AP