According to sources as per the notification, Cheekati Manavendranath Roy and Matam Venkata ramana will be judges of the Andhra Pradesh High Court in that order of seniority. Meanwhile the AP High Court has an approved strength of 37 judges, but is functioning with only 11 a shortfall of 26 as on June 1.
Furthermore the Supreme Court Collegium led by Chief Justice Ranjan Gogoi had resolved to recommend that two judicial officers district judge C Manavendranath Roy working as Registrar General of the AP High Court and M Venkata ramana be appointed as judges of the AP High Court under the service quota. Reportedly the Collegium endorsed the recommendation to elevate the two judicial officers after factoring in the material on record regarding their suitability, including inputs by the Department of Justice, as well as personal interaction.
Apparently the collegium forwarded its proposal to the Union ministry for the approval of President Ram Nath Kovind. Moreover their names had been recommended for elevation by the Chief Justice of the erstwhile common High Court for the States of Telangana and Andhra Pradesh in September 2018.
Kodi Kathi Accused Bail Extended The National Investigation Agency (NIA) Court extended the bail period of Janupalli Srinivasa Rao till July 12. Srinivasa Rao is the prime accused in the attack-case against Chief Minister YS Jagan Mohan Reddy in Visakhapatnam in October last year. The court did not heed to the NIA's request to cancel his bail.
- Jagan Appoints Sub-Committee to Expose Chandrababu's Corruption
- Telangana Kailash Manasarovar Pilgrims who were stranded airlifted
- Jagan Gets One More Good News for Polavaram from the Center
- New Districts for AP from July
- Nandamuri Balakrishna's relative bid goodbye to TDP, joins BJP
- Praja Vedika Building demolished in Amaravathi
- Seven Crore Public Money Siphoned Off in Praja Vedika?
- Tollway price hiked from July 1 in Bengaluru
- Dollar index decreased 0.24% at 95.9838 in late trading
- Controversy erupted over removal of portrait of Rajinikanth from Bigg Boss Tamil 3 house
- Ms Carroll accused Mr. Trump of sexually assaulting her in 1990s
- Chandrababu Naidu's family members security removed by CM Jagan
- What Malladi Vishnu did as VGTM-UDA Chairman?
- Dayanidhi Maran attacks AIADMK Govt regard to water crisis in Tamilnadu
- Slug blamed for delaying dozens of trains in Japan